Is it time ?

kerbut

Or maybe a couple of regular posters could offer themselves as administrators and be able to delete this type of rubbish because the owners of the site don't seem to act very fast.

Also if we all were to click on the report button at the bottom of every message and report it as spam the moderator may pull his finger out and delete them.

Or maybe a couple of regular posters could offer themselves as administrators and be able to delete this type of rubbish because the owners of the site don't seem to act very fast.

Also if we all were to click on the report button at the bottom of every message and report it as spam the moderator may pull his finger out and delete them.

It has been reported to Admin so they should disappear very soon.

Sorry! There are Rules on Registration page, but nothing about Advertising.

(You can get to Registration page by signing out and clicking on Register)

Talking to Chief Big Cheese Forum Moderator over the past years there is a code on advertising but the forum rules are basically if they don't like what they see they will remove it and also if we, the forum contributer's don't like it they will remove it if we use the page report facility available to all.

Hi guys,

As some you will know we do remove advertisement and spam posts from the forum as soon as possible. We also ban the members who do this, and block their i.p addresses as soon as we can. Apologies if the recent web hosting posts were not removed as quickly as some would like, but we of course do our best.

Please continue to support our forum and report any posts that you feel to be unacceptable.

Merry Christmas and best wishes.

Resident

Its back again X 3

Not anymore kerbut........I reported it and it was swiftly dealt with by Admin.

They will block the IP address again and it is very likely it came in under a new IP address.

I don't know how technically possible it would be, but a self moderation scheme would seem to be an answer.

Lets say any post which gets reported by members with over 500 posts is automatically deleted. With such a scheme, a single report from an established member like Melboy would be sufficient but lesser established members like myself (115) would report & it would not be deleted until someone like Chestnut (327) and Kerbut (72) had reported it - preventing potential spam-newbies runing amok (unless they created 500 fake accounts!).

As you can all see we have been blitzed with wretched spam postings again.

This always seems to happen on a grand scale during any long holiday periods.

Unless Admin.look into the forum I have a feeling this spam will be with us for a few more days to come.

Mel.

I still think the above would be a good option.

I maybe wrong but didnt the site delete spam messages from nkrpunu yesterday but he has posted spam again today.

Surely this site wouldnt be stupid enough to just delete the posts and not the person..

Surely this site wouldnt be stupid enough to just delete the posts and not the person..

Its seems I maybe correct. Residential landlord have deleted some more posts but the spammer is still posting because the spammer hasnt been banned.

Maybe time to look for another site.

Well, I have also reported the current crop of spam. I have a feeling senior admin are away on holiday which perhaps is the reason why this matter is not being giving the full attention at the moment ???

Hi guys,

We are currently upgrading security on the forum, but this is going to take a day or two so please bare with us. We are logging in frequently to delete the spam posts, and are of course also banning the associated members and blocking their i.p addresses. But as this is all being done by automated software programs they can of course generate new members with slight variations of the previous name from multiple I.P addresses. But rest assured we will get this problem resolved just as soon as we can (as we have done in the past when previously targeted).

Happy new year to you all.

Best wishes,

Resident

Archived