Insurance 'Simply Business'

Carryon Regardless

Checking my spam box over a different issue as I may have missed a message, I had missed 4 messages of importance. The problem here may be that when we deal with another organisation we often get bombarded with spam from them, auto  or otherwise their cr*p can end up in the 'spam'.

Simply Business are broker for 3 of my properties. they have automatically applied for payment of 3 policies. I always opt out of the auto payment option and take care to inform them of such. I prefer to monitor and assess. This preference of mine is proven to be intelligent again, aside from them deciding that this is of their choice, not mine.

2 policies are at 25% increase, the 3rd at a mere 9.5%., cheeky $^***@". As I transfer funds from my rental account t o a place that serves greater benefit each month there is only funds to honour 1 payment, and that's still pending anyway. 

To annoy more, the policies are due for renewal on the 16th Dec, but they applied for payments on the 7th. 

A call to them had me eventually connected to a super nice chap who uses phycology to appease me, me being more of a Victor Meldrew and recognising the strategy just got more annoyed at more bs.

"We need to go through your options".

"Send me an email of my options, but unless you can offer insurance at less ridiculous prices there is no more to discuss."

"We are a broker and act in your best interests and need to go through you option on the phone."

I had already informed him of my intention to go shopping for insurance, so here he attempts to keep the hook in place and slowly haul me in.

"As my broker you have clearly failed to act in my interests so far, refund the dosh and I have better things to do than talk further, goodbye."

It is of course essential that I spend my time writing this.

The world is full of abusive organisations, playing games instead of getting on with providing a service. If they provided a good service it would increases the chance of them retaining my business. Gits.

Simply Business continue to pester, my low level of patience doesn't help much when it's another bl00dy call.

I went through the online process for Direct Line. Personal info and 3 properties entered.. They are unable to quote "please call this number". Another part of my life gone for nowt.

I try ringing the number , press this, press that. Listen to disclaimers, their rent guarantee insurance can't be claimed on because... And then they are too busy. "You may have to wait for a longer period than normal". For new business that's unusual, but tbh I thought they would have called me, instead of the Simple Gits.

What was that computer called in Hitch Hiker Guide, I know how it feels, but it can't it's a computer.  Still Christmas to look forward to, in 2021.

All operatives are operating from home which is the main reason for the current chaos. Nationwide BS have told their people you will operating from home until April 2021.

1 hour ago, Melboy said:

All operatives are operating from home which is the main reason for the current chaos. Nationwide BS have told their people you will operating from home until April 2021.

How strange !!!!.

What do they think is going to happen in April 2021 that will mean it's safe for their employees to return to their offices ?

22 hours ago, Richlist said:

How strange !!!!.

What do they think is going to happen in April 2021 that will mean it's safe for their employees to return to their offices ?

No Idea RL      I have 3 close neighbours and a couple of friends and one of my tenants who all work for the mighty Nationwide BS and they have all been working from home since last March and were told this would be the case until January 2021 but like I said this has now been extended to April.

Let's look at the statistics.....

Population circa 60 million. Most employees in Nationwide under the age of 50. Vaccination priority list puts them somewhere near the bottom, none of them will have been vaccinated by April 2021. A return to work puts them in the same danger of contracting the virus as today. Madness, total madness.

I'd question whether Nationwide management are up to the job......it certainly wouldn't install me with confidence.

Well, AXA got the business. All online, none of this "you need to call us". The information isn't ott and much auto filled.

Initially the prices weren't particularly attractive as separate quotes. But when you learn their style of creating one quote for all 3 properties the price becomes more reasonable.

As for the other. I believe many companies are looking at the feasibility to run much of their business as working from home. The savings on overheads of requiring less office space is easy to envisage, much like the High St disappearing in favour of online shopping.

For those working from home the attraction is also obvious, it's a flexi time, flexi most things. No commute has to be personally cool, but for many the reduced social activity (as most chat more than work) will have a backlash.

I can only anticipate the conversion of much more redundant commercial properties to residential lets. I've seen a strategy to squeeze out small businesses by successive Gov't''s in favour of larger organisations., so it's less likely to be the little guy taking up the spaces. I'm not sure if that strategy applies to us as there is a definite targeted attack. 

• 11 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I agree that the world is full of abusive organizations that play games instead of continuing to provide a service. I also encountered such organizations when I wanted to insure my car. How to do it when there are so many scams? I talked to many companies that didn't seem serious and worthy of collaboration. This made me have many question marks. In the end, I found the best car insurance on moneyunder30.com, which helped me with the most reliable way to insure my car. I'm sorry that such things happen nowadays.

• 3 months later...
On 12/18/2020 at 11:32 AM, Carryon Regardless said:

Well, AXA got the business. All online, none of this "you need to call us". The information isn't ott and much auto filled.

Initially the prices weren't particularly attractive as separate quotes. But when you learn their style of creating one quote for all 3 properties the price becomes more reasonable.

As for the other. I believe many companies are looking at the feasibility to run much of their business as working from home. The savings on overheads of requiring less office space is easy to envisage, much like the High St disappearing in favour of online shopping like on revenue grid.

For those working from home the attraction is also obvious, it's a flexi time, flexi most things. No commute has to be personally cool, but for many the reduced social activity (as most chat more than work) will have a backlash.

I can only anticipate the conversion of much more redundant commercial properties to residential lets. I've seen a strategy to squeeze out small businesses by successive Gov't''s in favour of larger organisations., so it's less likely to be the little guy taking up the spaces. I'm not sure if that strategy applies to us as there is a definite targeted attack. 

Had the similar experience 

• 2 weeks later...