damp

aaran

Nor me. Already written into the AST contract about room ventilation being essential. Drying of wet clothes on hot radiator's will cause damp & mould to form as condensation on cold wall surfaces.

Funny enough never had any complaints from tenant's on this subject.

Here's my thoughts.......

Flats are worse than houses because they usually have either little or no outside drying space &\or no room for a tumble drier.

Writing a clause in the contract won't stop the tenant causing damage to your valuable property but I find a booklet on condensation will help.

I find the younger the tenants the less awareness they have of the causes and effects of condensation.

Regular 3 monthly inspections WILL identify problems and that's your opportunity to ensure the tenant knows what is expected.

putting a clause in your tenancy is no defence in a court if your tenant makes an action under section 11 landlords and tenants act it wont hold-up... section 21 takes time and money.. some tenants will claim section 11 defence to avoid eviction and paying the rent i have delt with 1000's of cases like this.... i can see you all do not need my services here so I will delete my post. 

9 hours ago, aaran said:

putting a clause in your tenancy is no defence in a court if your tenant makes an action under section 11 landlords and tenants act it wont hold-up... section 21 takes time and money.. some tenants will claim section 11 defence to avoid eviction and paying the rent i have delt with 1000's of cases like this.... i can see you all do not need my services here so I will delete my post. 

Yes, but so does a section 8 which is the process a disrepair counter claim is likely to be used by the tenant so I dont see your point.

aaran

Almost every aspect of being a landlord (and life itself) carries an adverse risk. Most people just accept those risks and many consider they just arent worth worrying about. Some of us here have taken a few easy, low cost actions to minimise those risks and for us that's enough.

You are never going to sell a product to someone who doesn't want it.....and I don't want it. 

Getting upset won't make any difference to those landlords who's real chance of encountering this kind of problem is very small.

23 hours ago, aaran said:

How do you know that aaran are you a landlord ? ,putting a clause is a defence , I won a case 3 years ago by having that clause in the contract .

23 hours ago, aaran said:

Bye

Archived