Landlords Gas Certificate

kerbut

My daughter and her husband have managed to save £17k for the deposit of a brand new shared 2 bed ground floor flat , it is 60% owned by them and 40% owned by the "landlord ", as it is in effect partially part rented does it need a gas cert for the Worcester boiler fitted  ?

I dont dont for sure but I guess it would depend whether she is classed as a tenant. But as she part owns the property you cant be a tenant and a landlord at the same time but I stand to be corrected.

I don't know the definitive answer either but:-

* from a safety perspective and

* given the relatively low cost of the work and

* given the fact that the property is still rented

Then I'd suggest an annual gas safety certificate is still legally required, along with ALL of the other long list of requirements that rental properties have to comply with including smoke alarms, CO alarms etc etc.

6 hours ago, kerbut said:

My daughter and her husband have managed to save £17k for the deposit of a brand new shared 2 bed ground floor flat , it is 60% owned by them and 40% owned by the "landlord ", as it is in effect partially part rented does it need a gas cert for the Worcester boiler fitted  ?

As I see your key words "Rent & Landlord" I would say..... Yes.

Anyway, have it done because for what it costs to have a landlord's/Tenant's certificate added to your annual boiler service is minimal.

Yes, I agree with you all , must say its built to a high standard with hard wired Co2 and smoke alarms fitted , very pleased for them and it didnt cost the bank of Dad to much to top up their deposit!!. I will get my usual company to service the boiler and issue a Gas Certificate , next job is to get the electrician to wire in the cooker which bank of Dad gave them as a moving in present . 

1. Mains wired CO & smoke alarms are required as part of the building regs on all new properties.

2. There is no legal requirement to employ a qualified electrician to connect an electric cooker.....anyone can do it if they know what they are doing.

3. A gas safety certificate and a boiler service are quite separate things.

Hope it all goes well.

Archived