Website traffic

Richlist

This forum was never frequented by large numbers of contributors but lately it's become much worse. There seems to be no more than about 6 regular contributors with others happy to read but not comment.

A forum will only function if people contribute.

Your forum needs you (imagine pointed finger).

Happy to do my bit RL.

Permission to go on holiday for a couple of weeks (well 17 days) from Friday?

Well Residential Landlord should be more pro-active in promoting the site after all it is theirs and they want it to be successful.

They must have huge data base of contact details of people who have joined over the years and now for what ever reason don't use the site. They should send out a friendly email 2 or 3 times a years encouraging them to use the site to post any questions or advice.

Also they have the email data base of the buy to let mortgage link.

It makes you wonder that if they cant make the effort why should we?   

It would be nice to hear the sites views and thoughts on this topic.

Yes!  Forum has got rather boring!  Perhaps newer landlords are better informed and have less problems than years ago when I joined.  At that time lots of new posts including me in search of basic advice, and wide range of knowledgeable replies offered.  What happened to legal expert?

I stick around in support of small portfolio/ single property landlords and technical queries.  Maybe available information has become so much clearer that forum is redundant? 

Agree with all the above.  We are in danger of boring the keys of each other.

I do contribute to another forum which is probably the 'brand leader' with new, diverse and intriguing questions coming on hourly from newbies and existing members.  Why does that one get so much traffic? I suspect it comes up on search engines more prominently and it has a massive back catalogue of Q and As as well as some stunning legal expertise that is given for free my members.

Hi all,

First of all, we would like to thank everyone for your continued support!

We have recently redeveloped the main RL site and upgraded this forum to include all the latest web/forum technology and spam deterrents. In all it has been quite a task, and of course had its problems along the way.

We have certainly not been lazy, but apologies if this has seemed to be the case with the radio silence recently. We have just been very busy improving everything!

Since the redevelopment of RL and upgrading our forum technology to fall in line with all the latest requirements for the ever changing internet and quite a well known search engine, it seems that these changes have yet to have been acknowledged and for our prominent search engine 'landlord forum' related placements to re-appear. Which is probably why it has been a bit quieter than usual recently.

The idea of the RL forum is, and has always been for UK landlords to exchange friendly views, opinions and for experienced landlords to give a helping hand to new landlords. And for experienced landlords to help each other with the more difficult problems.

We do of course do appreciate all of your contributions and hope these will continue.

Best wishes,

Resident 

I think your right Chestnut. The reply from resident was very woolly can just gave me the impression of just giving lip service. 

Maybe the existing members and regular posters should start a new topic for suggestions (to the site owners) to bring in more activity.

Thoughts anyone

Well I think Resident has done a very good job over the 10 years I have been on the forum  Many member's have passed through this forum and there have been lot's of questions and answers.  I think it's fair to say we can't pluck people out of the air and make them visit here but we are all agreed that any advice given by the regular member's has always imo been very friendly and knowledgable.

Perhaps as suggested earlier the Newbie Landlord's are reading up before entering the business of being a landlord so are less likely to turn to people like us.

Perhaps we extend the topics into say property? or property related subjects? or DIY advice for those that know their subject?

Hi everybody

We are sorry if anyone felt that we were just paying lip service to your comments. That is certainly not the case. The views of everybody on the RL forum are important to us and particularly those of our long standing regular contributors.

Our reply was simply an attempt to update you all with what we have been doing behind the scenes to modernise and improve the experience of everybody visiting the Residential Landlord website, which has included rebuilding the website on a dynamic platform to increase usability on all devices including laptops, tablets and mobile phones. This should certainly help improve our visibility on all search engines and increase traffic to both the website and forum.

Any suggestions put to us as mentioned, of ways to improve traffic and the experience of using the forum would be very welcome and implemented if possible. It is also certainly possible and relevant to discuss any subject that could affect landlords such as property, DIY, investment, etc.

We genuinely do appreciate all contributions to our forum and will try to become more involved ourselves where we can.

Thank you for your comments and please continue to make them. This forum has been helping members for a long time and we are keen for this to continue far into the future.

Best regards

Resident

• resident unfeatured, unfeatured and unfeatured this topic

Archived