Every thing about Gas Safety and landlords and tenants

Mrs Tara Plumbing

For only 24 hours "The Landlord's Guide to Gas Safety" by D J Percy is FREE on Smashwords.com.

It is a comprehensive guide to the subject of Landlords and Gas Safety in the UK, written with landlords in mind.

I would be really happy to hear anyone with questions not answered in the book and if spot mistakes or just disagree I would like to hear about that too.

It has been read by loads of GSR engineers, who have given constructive input and unanimous praise. It is here:
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/279355

It will be available through all the usual ebook stores soon, including amazon and itunes.... for a small fee!

I am the author. In real life my GSR business rarely work for landlords because we are too expensive, I explain about this in the book. And I give good advise about keeping costs down based on my experience working in the building trade.

The best advice I can give you is choosing your property - go for one without gas!

I am the author. In real life my GSR business rarely work for landlords because we are too expensive.

The best advice I can give you is choosing your property - go for one without gas!

I am the author. In real life my GSR business rarely work for landlords because we are too expensive.

Really? Good for the competition then as they pick up your work. A lot of our work concerns landlord safety checks etc.etc. We are not too expensive.

In my experience tenants actually look for gas central heating and gas hobs etc. in the property I rent out.

In fact only yesterday I was in one of my properties fitted out with storage radiators and the tenant has requested a possible change to gas as they cannot afford to keep them on even on the "white meter" cheap supply.

Really? Good for the competition then as they pick up your work. A lot of our work concerns landlord safety checks etc.etc. We are not too expensive.

In my experience tenants actually look for gas central heating and gas hobs etc. in the property I rent out.

In fact only yesterday I was in one of my properties fitted out with storage radiators and the tenant has requested a possible change to gas as they cannot afford to keep them on even on the "white meter" cheap supply.

Yes I can agree with you on both points.

There is plenty of work for gas engineers so they can pick and choose the clients.

Most homes in Britain have gas heating, it is the norm and the best sort of heating for those properties - of course tenants would want gas central heating, just like home owners do.

In general electric heating is usually best only in very small and very modern properties.

If I was about to invest in a small property - perhaps 1 or 2 bed flat. Then I would have to think about the ongoing costs of gas checks and gas maintenance being so high and factor this into when weighing up a future investment. Even if the property with out gas cost a little more to buy and woud command a slightly lower rent - it still might be he best purchase.

Guest TonyBurnell

A landlord and tenant attorney can help you in your time of need. Consider what they can provide for you when you are dealing with difficult situations.

Archived