Private Landlord Advertising on Zoopla or Rightmove

Keggy

I am a professional private Landlord with a combination of HMO's and Single occupancy properties.

Finding tenants for HMO's is very easy with access to sites like spareroom.co.uk, but for single occupany larger houses people look at the likes of Zoopla (findaproperty/primelocations) and Rightmove.

Advertising on these sites is restricted to accredited Letting agents and Estate Agents and is not availble to the private landlord like myself.

For those using the services of a LA there's not a problem, but for me as a professional private landlord i'm stuck having to use a LA on a 'tenant finding' basis only or only use less effective advertising methods.

Using a LA on a 'tenant finding basis' only costs me 50% of the 1st months rent + VAT which typically costs me £600 - £900 per property.

I am investigating setting myself up as an accredited LA providing online marketing for professional landlords like myself.

i.e. Being an acredited LA i will be able to use Zoopla/Findaproperty/PrimeLocations and Rightmove etc to advertise properties for landlords who do all their own viewings, referencing, rent collection, management etc.

In essence all i will offer is the ability to access the most effective property sites, everything else they would do for themselves.

By doing this i'd be able to offer online property marketing at £100 - £200 per property rather than having to go down the current '50% of 1st months rent' which costs me £600-£900

What do other landlords like myself do and do they think the above scenerio would be beneficial to them? or if anyone offers such a service please point me in their direction.

Thanks

NB. Signing up for Zoopla, Rightmove etc is not just down to being an accredited LA or estate agent, it also costs £1000's per year and an ongoing contract/commitment!

I use a lettings agent who provides:

1. Tenant find service......Rightmove, Zoopla, agents window, local newspapers, broadsheets to their clients etc etc +

2. ALL the admin such as.....AST, deposit protection, extra contract clauses, direct debit, S21, rent guarantee insurance/ guarantor etc etc.

for the very reasonable cost of £300-£350 per property.

So, I think your issue is that you are paying far to much to your existing agent.

My advice would be.......talk to your agent and negotiate a better deal or find another agent.

There are many online letting agents that do precisely that - place your advert onto Rightmove, Globerix, etc. I used 'Upad' last time, the whole process was very easy and straight forward. They are not the cheapest but they were recommended to me and I would use them again.

The trouble with using a agent who has a Rightmove account and then for a price advertises your property is the location of the agent to the property.

Before we got our own account we tried a few of these agents/schemes and didnt get much success. It turned out if the agent was based a long way from the property (as the agents address comes up on the ad) some tenants assume it is going to be managed at long distance and put them off even if the ad states otherwise.

Hello

I used a new company yesterday after they texted me with an invite to advertise on their site

www.openrent.co.uk

Advertising on their site is free and only £20 if you want them to pop your add onto Rightmove,zoopla,primelocation,and homes 24

I have recieved 3 enquiries to day , 2 viewings are booked ....:)

I have no connection with them(except using their site ) , although if your thinking of using them PM me your email if you want and I will send an invite as if you advertise you will get first one free and I will get an add for free for introducing...#

anway hope this helps as I have used some of the other sites and had no response what so ever

Julles I would appreciate your letting us know the quality of the 2 applicants, and others later.

you are welcome to a free ad if I use them in future.

• 2 weeks later...

Julles I would appreciate your letting us know the quality of the 2 applicants, and others later.

you are welcome to a free ad if I use them in future.

Hi everyone

Had quite a few leads from the adds,mostly rightmove and Zoopla..and pretty good quality tenants .

Secured two tenants , all working , so far good references etc ..

so I would recomend the OpenRent site, they have kept in touch a fair deal, although I have done all the viewings myself ,they do offer a service to do that too.

Hi, I have just started a company called direct2landlord that allows you to do just this.

You will be able to upload your property via our online facility. We will then forward you all enquiries for you property and help arrange viewings.

You will then be able to reference them through our website, we can also help arrange tenancy agreements, EPC's etc.

You will also have your own profile where you will be able to see all your properties and upload tenancy agreements for your new tenants to view. everything is in one place and is easy to use.

I would suggest checking it out at www.direct2landlord.co.uk

I hope this helps, if not not to worry.

Good Luck

Archived