Text Response to Advert

I've advertised a flat, 2 numbers landline and my 2nd SIM mobile (so I can turn it off at inconvenient times).

With so many now getting free text as part of their deal I get more and more text requesting information.

If / when I do respond this seems to start up a text conversation. I've watched my kids with their super dexterous fingers but I'm not similar big clumsy digits is my way.

I resent calling mobiles as a conversation is so often to repeat the info of the ad "no sorry I don't take under 25's" or " if when you get the 2 jobs (or even 1 of them) feel free to call back". I've seen mobile calls costing me £5 for my T's that don't want a landline, It would be easy to run up a big mobile bill just to deal with chancers.

The latest "Hi i'm interested in your 1Bed flat in pres (he means Prestatyn). Please contact me. Steve"

Would you respond ?

I have also noticed this phenomena and no I don't respond - well I do but in a like manner.

Go into 'templates' on your text reply menu and get your child to make you a text that says something like ' AUTO REPLY - I do not respond to texts but anyone serious about renting my flat should call me in person'. It is then saved in the phone.

Send that every time you get such a text and the pukka ones will call.

Additionally you could put in your advert - no texts please - but they still do it.

Mortitia

I hate texts....some tenants seem to only be able to communicate with texting.

I use TEXT TANK and type replies using my computer and they get sent from my phone.......its very usefull and gets over the need for fingers the size of baby carrots.

Grampa put me onto them I think....

sorry I've not replied sooner.

I said to the wife "text takes me a long time cos I don't get enough practice"

I don't know what She heard but I'm tired now.

• 2 weeks later...

The other alternative would be to give your landline number only, this way no text pestering and they'll have to call!

I don't like text as first contact, I normally use the website I've put my ad to correspond by email first. If they seem like freaks, I give up, but if they become potential candidates I then give my mobile number . (but even by doing so, you can end up with a freak! :huh: )

The other alternative would be to give your landline number only, this way no text pestering and they'll have to call!

I don't like text as first contact, I normally use the website I've put my ad to correspond by email first. If they seem like freaks, I give up, but if they become potential candidates I then give my mobile number . (but even by doing so, you can end up with a freak! :huh: )

You can text to a landline. Try it and listen to the message. Dont have any spelling mistakes though

The same reason you would text to a mobile I guess. You just get a robotic voice reading the message so dont use text speak (short hand) otherwise it is a bit tricky to understand.

Yes you can text a landline but you as a customer can ban them. I have after a disgruntled viewer whom I decided not to let to left the following text. (Imagine it being read out by the electronic 'counties woman' voice):-

"That was a Turkey ###### thing to do, bitch". LOL!

Mortitia

Last time I received a text to landline I had to write it down and rework phonetically to find what the sender really wrote and meant in context of the topic. Otherwise just a string of chopped up nonsense, beautifully spoken - probably by an 'Archer'.

Archived