Landlord software advice

Acura

I'm wondering if any of you use a LL software programme to record everything?

I've developed my own spreadsheet system which has evolved over the last 12 years, but it's now getting complicated dealing with overseas tax requirements, different dates for returns, extracting my husband's figures etc., so if there is a product out there worth looking at, your advice would be most welcome.

Small portfolio, so nothing extravagant needed.

Thanks so much.

PS. I'm still not able to make a new paragraph! Very odd!

Microsoft Excel is very versatile and meets all of my needs and this used in conjunction with the following:

* Dedicated bank account/ consolidated statements.

* General accounts book to record expenditure.

* Cash book.

* Car mileage records.

* Capital expenditure/ writing down allowances and

* CGT records.

........more or less covers most of it for a standard residential portfolio.

Thanks Richlist

What I've done on excel is ok, but I wondered if there were any programs out there that makes it easier to search.

Perhaps I need an advanced lesson in excel?!

ETA: now isn't it strange that on my computer I can type paragraphs and it shows them, but on my iPad it doesn't.

We do all the above using simple spreadsheets, but the most useful thing we have found is to pass them over to a damn good accountant to pick apart. Ours is very scary, but we have been with her for ages (after trying several smarmy gits), she knows our circumstances better than we do and always manages to save us at least twice what we pay her. It's dark work that they do, to me best avoided by mere mortals.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1327650166' post=18402]

Don't know if you've found something already. but there are free property management software out there too, such as:

http://www.propertyhawk.co.uk/

Thanks everyone. I've looked at quite a few options and have signed up for this free one to see what it's like. Thanks for that CH1.

"Dosh" doesn't seem to be available Kerbut. Maybe if you have a link could you post it? Thanks.

Richlist - out of those any in particular you can recommend?

I have a number of MS excel spreadsheets which I did myself and have developed/ modified over the years.

1. Revenue Expenditure against each property by individual category (eg maintenance, service charges, agents fees etc).

2. Capital Expenditure showing each item/ calculation/ balancing charge carried forward. (eg computers, phones, tools used in the business)

3. CGT Expenditure against each property (eg buying /selling costs, improvements etc)

• 3 years later...

Archived