Petula Sedgwick

Hi,

I have been informed by my tenant that their gutters are overflowing, having called over to take a look there appears to be a forest growing out of them. I have found a local business who have quoted £55.00, it's a semi and just wondered if that sounded fair.

I have no idea what the normal costs are and wondered if any of you could say if that sounds fair.

Thanks for your help on this.

The price can depend on so many things, so near impossible for us to say.

But most tradesmen would consider a £55 charge as a minimum for call out. I view that £55 isn't worth worrying about for this and might well save further damage.

£55 sounds like an absolute bargain to someone like me who has never paid to have his gutters cleaned. I certainly wouldn't want to do the job for such a small amount.

It's tax deductible to you so make sure you claim the cost on your tax return. The real cost to you is £44 if you pay 20% tax or £33 if you are a 40% tax payer.

Hi,

Fully agree a bargain they use gutter vacs and having contacted them all work is fully invoiced as they informed me a lot of household insurance policies now recommend gutters should be cleared annually.

They are local so makes sense to use them as they have been helpfull in responding quickly to any questions I have had.

Thanks everyone here.