The AIIC not helping

kesm

So I raised a complaint for an inventory clerk to the AIIC. The AIIC emailed the clerk and asked them to assist me. Long story short, the clerk did not satisfactorily assist to the point that myself and the tenants are still unhappy with the inventory clerk's report. 
The AIIC did not really help us, bar emailing the clerk asking to assist us. 
The AIIC does not seem to have a proper complaint procedure in place. 

What can I do? Who can I contact to assist us please or complain?

Thank you

Are you entirely sure that they don't have a procedure ?  You say they don't 'seem'  to have a complaints procedure.....have you asked them for their procedure ?

It seems to me that what they have done so far is entirely appropriate for an initial complaint ie they have asked the person to contact you and put things right. In your shoes I would now get back to them and tell them it hasn't worked....ask to move to stage 2.

There are also always 2 sides to a argument with both sides taking the view they are right and sometimes a dispute isnt always black and white. (can we still say that?)

If you have suffered a material loss you can prove you have the small claims court to fall back on (MCOL on-line) 

You can leave a  review on their google and Facebook page if you wish but make sure its factual and possibility prewarm the company in advance unless the issue is dealt with in a professional manner. No company likes bad reviews especially if a small company as one negative review can have a big impact on the overall rating. 

Formally request details of their complaints procedure  

1 hour ago, Grampa said:

There are also always 2 sides to an argument with both sides taking the view they are right and sometimes a dispute isnt always black and white. (can we still say that?)

Happy to help out here Grampa.

"There are also always 2 sides to an argument with both sides taking the view they are right and sometimes a dispute isn't always as clear as it may seem".           There, PC box ticked.    Grampa not banned.  ( yet! )  😃

On 2/1/2021 at 6:47 AM, Grampa said:

There are also always 2 sides to a argument with both sides taking the view they are right and sometimes a dispute isnt always black and white. (can we still say that?)

If you have suffered a material loss you can prove you have the small claims court to fall back on (MCOL on-line) 

You can leave a  review on their google and Facebook page if you wish but make sure its factual and possibility prewarm the company in advance unless the issue is dealt with in a professional manner. No company likes bad reviews especially if a small company as one negative review can have a big impact on the overall rating. 

On 2/1/2021 at 6:47 AM, Grampa said:

I have done and they said:

We are a members association and therefore do not instigate investigative procedures against our paying members 

What is that???

What don't you understand ? That clearly says they don't investigate. I'm guessing you expected them to investigate their member. This forum doesn't  know the details of your complaint. Therefore, on that basis I'd say you have a number of options:

1. Do nothing.

2. Take legal advice.

3. If money is involved......you have recourse to the small claims court.

Whatever you decide I wish you good luck.