locksmith issue

ashley jones

Wether you have a broken phone or have locked yourself out of your appartment......it's not your landlords responsibility, it's yours.

If you have had a new lock fitted you are required to inform your landlord and give him a new key.

This is a UK property site.

• 2 months later...

I am under the impression that locksmiths trawl the internet to advertise their business because I have seen so many advertising on this one forum over the years.  😁

The chances of gaining any work from the advert is virtually zero especially if the person requiring a locksmith is not living in close proximity.

Jeez! What's the call out charge from Florida to the UK ?     😅

• 7 months later...

I don't see how this can be your landlord's problem. You got yourself locked out. And if it were your apartment, I think you would not want to be charged for someone else's mistakes. Take responsibility. I rent two apartments. When the man I rented the apartment forgot locked out, he went ahead and called me. Apologized for the inconvenience and asked for help. I wasn't in the country, but I recommended him a good Locksmiths near me. He made a duplicated key and got it. And wholly covered the bill. It is not anyone's fault but yours. So I guess you have to pay for those bills.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2022 at 11:49 AM, CaylinBr said:

It could not be your landlord problem as you locked yourself and you did not locked because of the lock issue. In case the lock is old enough and do not work properly, you can opt for your LL to pay the bill, either way you have to manage this by yourself

Agree, in case you did this to yourself you can't ask the landlord to pay for services you need

• 1 month later...

Patrick, this is the landlords forum for......landlords. If you are a tenant you need the tenant forum.

A landlord is not responsible if a tenant locks themselves out of the property but can often help in order to save the tenant the cost of the locksmith.