General Election

Richlist

So, we will vote on 12th December.

BUT.....who do we vote for if we want the best out come for landlords in the private sector ???????

Rumours of Boris Johnson having been found dead in a ditch in Westminster this morning along with the story that the police were questioning over 300  parliamentary suspects appears to be fake news. Also fake news was the story that some members had mud on their shoes from the very same ditch.....turns out it wasn't mud but bullshit. The story is that this came from a farm in the home counties named 'Cancel Brexit Farm' frequented by the Liberals & SNP and various other non descript rebels. You just can't believe everything you hear of read these days.

Boris is alive and preparing to take us out of Europe.

3 cheers for Boris !

It's all a Bugger's muddle as far as I am concerned. We can now look forward to 2 months of political clap-trap from all of the parties with election promises that would never be kept once in power.

To sum it all they are all as bad as one another and they wonder why the Public have little respect for politicians. I believe not one single political party is actually landlord friendly with the Labour Party probably the worse of the bunch with their new proposals. The Tories have been very anti landlord in the past 10 years.

I have also been reading about Lib Dems leader Jo Swinson's husband. Google Jo Swinson and her husband comes up a the second result..
He was a Lib. Dem. MP but got unelected, since then he's worked in the Eastern Development Fund, which is some EU Quango and is up to his neck in EU money and dividends. It is suggested that he might have drained 3m out of the system. 
No wonder the Lib. Dems. and Jo Swinson are so keen on the EU, the leaders are all being paid by them.   
Modify message

Interesting item there Melboy.

Personally I think we will get rid of the Ulster persons but we will end up with a hung parliament.   While the baby boomers are mainly Tory voters and are the majority of the population likely to vote the young ones coming up are unlikely to be Conservatives and if the age to vote drops to 16/17 we will be in for a more unfavourable government for landlords.

I've already sold my Utility shares - some 2 months ago now.

Interestingly nobody so far has mentioned the obvious elephant in the room.......

The Brexit Party.

The Conservatives have this morning totally ruled out any deal between them and the Brexit Party. If the BP take a significant number of seats.......it's entirely possible in areas with a high leave vote of where their MP has seriously let them down......then there may be another hung parliament.

My prediction in terms of result is 

1. Conservative

2. Brexit Party

3. Lib dems

4  Labour.

Labour will implode when the results are announced on December 13th.......which happens to be Friday 13th !

The alternative view is that voting leave for Conservatives or the  Brexit Party will split the leave vote and lead to a Labour win.

Oh dear.....Please no. I better pack a suitcase so I can leave the country as soon as the result is announced

2 hours ago, Richlist said:

The alternative view is that voting leave for Conservatives or the  Brexit Party will split the leave vote and lead to a Labour win.

That is exactly what I initially thought. However, although the hardcore Brexiteers  will do that I think most will take the pragmatic view that the BP cant win and realiase a Tory win is second best option and a Labour win will risk opening up a whole new merry go round of debates, bills, stalling, peoples votes, protests, and put a very lot of very angry people on the streets..  

If you think the remoaners protests were large and relatively peaceful  I very much suspect we will see something very different if it all turns 180 degrees and remainers get their way.

What ? Are you serious ? 

Are you suggesting that youd rather not vote and end up with a Marxist Labour Government ?

If like me you have spent a large part of your adult life taking risks to build up your wealth, the last thing on your mind will be hastening a Government that will be taking as much of your money as they can get their hands on. If you think you've had a hard time with the Conservatives over the last few years you might be in for a bigger shock when Labour are running the show.

Alan Sugar has the right idea.......he's leaving the UK permanently if Corbyn wins the election.......I might just do the same.

My next door neighbour who has retired at an early age of around 55, no kids, has told me that if Corbyn is elected his house is on the market the following day and he is emigrating to Italy with his partner.

I firmly believe him as well.  Corbyn and his followers will ruin this country within 3 years and it is not just me saying this it is the respected financial institutions forecasting this as well.

Already we are hearing of electioneering claims from Corbyn which could never be financed to the amount of public money that he is saying and for what he intends to do.  To gain power at any cost?  

Its the min wage of £10 ph to include under 18 year olds I think is pure stupidity. So if you are a small employer such as a corner shop owner with a couple of employees there is no way you are going to employ a snotty nose kid with no works experience, or common sense when you can get a older person who will bring more value for the same/similar wage.   

How does that encourage employers to recruit youngsters.  

How does that encourage employers to recruit youngsters.  

You are expecting far too much for Labour to consider past the GE, it's designed to gain the kiddies votes no more.

The idea of getting out of the UK for a better life only applies for the advantage of a better climate (rmember I'm in the High Peak). It's difficult to find a better and less corrupt country, they all have issues that even though these look to be different are pretty much the same.