Landlord opinions on offering all inclusive

Hi there, my name's James and I represent a company called One Utility Bill who offer all inclusive packages for Landlords. This is not an attempt at advertising, but rather an attempt to open some discussion on what Landlords think about all inclusive. If you're already offering it, what do you like and dislike about it? If not, what puts you off? 

It would be fantastic to get some of your opinions on the subject and to be able to hear directly what you all think. 

If anyone is interested finding out about how our all inclusive works, please either direct message me or check out our website (https://oneutilitybill.co/) rather than derailing the discussion as I do not want this post to be seen as advertising, but rather an opportunity to open some honest dialogue with members of the landlord community.

I have trouble getting the rent from some tenants, trying to get extra dosh for services isn't desirable.

This would mean I would become responsible for the payment of services used and over used by the tenant, no thanks.

I agree, why would I want to complicate the rental process when I don't have to. 

My tenants are responsible for the utilities and that's the way i want it.

You will never attract me as a customer even if there was a financial incentive.

I'd suggest you find another job, this one is a bad idea.

Why would you want to do this on behalf of the tenant?  Just extra hassle & stress for the landlord if it all goes wrong......... or not     I'm out.

I can only imagine this would work for an HMO with multiple different tenants coming and going but one central bill. For them the availability of Sky TV for example might make it more rentable. I don't have any HMOs I might add. As others have said if a tenant leaves the property and hasn't paid the bills the tenant is still liable for them and not me which is how I would want to keep it. I see you have an option where the tenant pays the bills to you direct but why is this any different than them already paying their bills? I could potentially see an advantage if you have any special deals with cable and satellite companies for high end properties where professionals move on every six months so it is hard for them to get a contract for a service for less than 12 or 18 months. But from what I know of those they just pay the penalty at the end and their employer who is moving them gets the early release bill. 

Archived