BREXIT

Richlist

Looks like the result of the vote on June 23rd is already known.

Why?

Because George Osbourne has told everyone that a vote to leave will mean a BIG fall in property prices in the UK.

There are hundreds of thousands of people who can't get on the property ladder because prices are to high and would like nothing better than a big drop in prices.

Be care full what you wish for !

It has already effected the housing market (selling) due to the uncertainty . There is very little coming onto the market the phones have stopped ringing in the office and people are waiting to see the outcome and effect. This is the same for other agents in my area I have spoken to.

If I was a first time buyer then I would be voting OUT on that scaremongering news (AGAIN) from Boy George.

On second thoughts I am voting OUT anyway for a whole variety of reasons and nobody from the UK political elite and unelected EU Commission will ever change my mind on the reasons why I am doing so.  I just hope millions will follow my vote for OUT on June 23rd.

It will be very close, within 5% I would guess.

The thing is I have been keeping  a eye on all the various polls being done and based on these the Brexit has slowly been gaining ground and just edging it. But nearly everyone I have spoken to are voting out.  

It all seems to have come about quite late in the day regarding house prices/in or out of EU.

I have a  BTL sale in progress to a German couple who already re-negotiated the price after 3% stamp duty cut in before completion.  They had a re-think and are ready to go again but the sale has stalled - no doubt due to all this publicity.

Agree with Mel - it is scaremongering and I will be voting OUT.

I'm not so sure about the 'close' thing Grampa.  A friend who gets about a lot at varying levels and ages has taken to asking what people will vote - after 6 weeks of this it is 99% OUT.

I think it's very difficult for individuals to accurately gauge which way the vote will go because there are lots of specific groups that they won't have access to.

For example.....big business want in, small business wants out. None of us know what influence those employers will have on their employees especially if they believe jobs are at risk.

When in Spain, almost every expat I speak to wants in, Spanish discussion forums echo that feeling as well.......although they represent quite small numbers.

I think the vote will be close.......and if it is don't rule out a second vote in the near future.

One advantage of an out vote means we will likely say goodbye to the Scots in the near future.........which for some won't represent a big loss.

I have no problem with the scots going if they take complete independence  but they wont, they will still want handouts because they wont be able to afford to stand on their own 2 feet.

I believe the Scots have recognized that the drop in their oil tax revenue would seriously affect any independent future. There is an increased likelihood that the SDP would lose credibility and much of the strength they now have by another independence referendum.

As for the UK, without a decent leadership to steer us I believe in or out any difference will be insignificant. If out big business will apply pressure to their own Govt's maintain the status quo of present trading. We will still adhere to the dictatorship of Brussels as we, our Gov't would be afraid not to be compliant.

We are out of the Euro, and glad of it.

We are out of the Shengen, and glad of it.

I believe we have the opportunity to be stronger out of the Europe financial club. With good leadership that I don't see anytime soon, we could negotiate to selfish advantage as Europe demonstrates further that it's to big and clumsy and corrupt to manage what it attempts to carry out.

They say it will be many years before Turkey join. The very prospect of that eventuality has me afraid. Just another reason to be well clear before that comes about.

But it's not all bad news for landlords.

Currently we have a massive shortage of housing and it ain't gonna change any time soon. If we stay in the EU and Turkey along with a few other countries join we get another 5 million people by 2030. They will all need somewhere to live.......that should see rents go into orbit. Now, how does that saying go ?Whoopydoo, happy days, laughing all the way to the bank etc, etc.

Of course Mr Cameron and his team will be long gone by then.

What I dont understand is most (98%) of people I speak to want out but the polls reflex something different.

But it isnt just me as other people I speak to who talk to people they know say the same.

This is a excellent put down in favor of Brexit by Nigel Lawson

I found the same Grampa, until I spoke to the more knowledgeable young 'uns.

RL, when the Turks arrive they will expect us to install squat toilets for them as the present baby bath is beyond their comprehension. And surely for most they should refuse to do business with someone, us, that is so willing to pay interest on our loans.

I remember a Polish lass when the tenancy had gone sour accusing me of being racist, as I hadn't provided the AST in Polish. I only lost £1,200 on that one, fortunate really.

24 minutes ago, Carryon Regardless said:

I found the same Grampa, until I spoke to the more knowledgeable young 'uns.

I think that is a very good point as the conversations I have had, have been with the older generation 40+.

I think the older Brexit ones take it more seriously and will make sure they get down to the polling booths compared to the youngster in brigade. 

5 hours ago, Mortitia said:

I

'm not so sure about the 'close' thing Grampa.  A friend who gets about a lot at varying levels and ages has taken to asking what people will vote - after 6 weeks of this it is 99% OUT.

I hope your right Mortitia but my gut feeling is the "IN" lot will narrowly get it

It is going to be very close. I firmly believe the UNDECIDED'S will control the day when they are in the election booth hovering over the YES / NO voting slip with their pencil wondering where to put their X.

It's worth a NO vote to get rid of Cameron.  :D   Just like a Kipper that he is..... 2 faced and gutless.     :D

Archived