Happy New Year !!

resident

Hi all,

We thank you all for your continued support in 2015 and hope you all have a very happy new year, and that 2016 is prosperous for all!

Apologies about the recent glitches, all should now be working again properly. But if anyone has any problems please email us at info@residentiallandlord.co.uk to let us know.

Best wishes,

Resident 

Happy New Year to everyone.

2016 will be a testing year especially with the new legistlation coming into force in April such as stamp duty changes for 2nd homes.

Personally I am surprised a Tory government has taken this action.

It's not cast in stone yet......there is a Gov' consultation process that needs to take place shortly. The aim is to attempt to find solutions to some of the anomalies and difficulties that will result from the tax changes.

There have been numerous U turns and watered down proposals by the current Gov.......this may well turn out to be another one of them. 

We all know that the proposals as they stand are very likely to kill off future growth of the private rented sector. Social housing is already in short supply and any increase is exactly what they do not need.

My money is on a watered down final proposal that will have a smaller effect on the market but save face for the Gov.

20 hours ago, Mortitia said:

Mmmmm........ I was surprised at that one too Mel.  I think you have it sussed Richlist.

I'm expecting council tax rises in some areas to fund elderly care etc. and local authority workers pensions. (Only joking on that last part.)

Why joke, out of a £1400 council tax bill £400 goes to fund there pension, so I am let to believe?,

2 hours ago, bil8999 said:

Why joke, out of a £1400 council tax bill £400 goes to fund there pension, so I am let to believe?,

That is what I understand as well. It was documented in report last month.

Whether this is still the case still I have no idea but in the past Local Government employee's were paid salaries below what would be considered as  the national average pay scales because they were told that their gold plated retirement pensions made up for it in the long run.

The Civil Service use to work on this factor as well.

My other half is a Local Government employee and has a very competitive salary and a gold plated pension. My other half is happy for me to pass on their thanks to all of you who are making the effort to pay your council tax bills. It's very important that services are maintained in the communities

They are hoping that very soon an attractive redundency package will be offered to them so that they can help reduce their employees wages bill. There is no point in leaving unless one has to or unless their is a good financial incentive.

Happy New Year to all taxpayers.  :D

26 minutes ago, Richlist said:

My other half is a Local Government employee and has a very competitive salary and a gold plated pension. My other half is happy for me to pass on their thanks to all of you who are making the effort to pay your council tax bills. It's very important that services are maintained in the communities

They are hoping that very soon an attractive redundency package will be offered to them so that they can help reduce their employees wages bill. There is no point in leaving unless one has to or unless their is a good financial incentive.

Happy New Year to all taxpayers.  :D

Happy new year

My other have retired last year with a generous NHS pension, she still waves me off to work each morning at 7am, after that god only knows what she dose all day.

The bubble will burst one day.

Enjoy it while it lasts. 

Some have been expecting that the property bubble will burst every year for as long as I can remember........but prices have continued onwards and upwards regardless of what's been said.

Hope for the best and expect the worst but don't be surprised if you are wrong.

A minor blip.....there was an economic crisis and disaster was narrowly averted by the actions of very capable chancellor. Prices did fall but have since recovered and are now beyond any 2008 levels in most areas of the country.

As I say onwards and upwards and difficult to see how that will change anytime soon.

Archived