Scottish Power

Richlist

I owe them money......quite a bit.

I've sold 3 properties in the last 3 financial  years and had numerous voids in other properties supplied by Scottish Power. In order to sell those properties we have ensured they are vacant, spent money on minor refurbs', had them sit empty for months on end often with the electric heating on during winter months whilst the legal work has progressed through to sale completion or whilst finding tenants.

In all that time we have transferred the accounts into our names, had confirmation that they have received notification, provided meter readings and waited for the bills to arrive.......nothing....not a single bill has arrived. After all this time I doubt I will receive anything now.

They have to be the most inefficient energy supplier available in the UK

Oh well - when in doubt do nowt I say.

I have been trying to get same outfit to fit a new uprated meter at one of my lets which has had an annexe built on.  Lecky recommended this but problem is trying to get stupid call centre staff to understand what I want and put me through to a local depot.  I've tried 4 times now when having a quiet moment without success.

Scottish Power are too big and too clumsy.

If anyone is considering changing energy supplier I can recommend GB Energy Supply. They seem to undercut the big companies very significantly. I am making savings of about £50 a month on my domestic property for example which is quite significant. Their only downside is their bills are a bit hard to decipher but they respond to email queries, are pleasant to deal with and the switch was easy.

Thanks for that Info'.

My understanding is that it's always best to put one's individual details into one of the online search engines to give a back to back comparison.

Many of the smaller suppliers are better than the big 6. I use Spark Energy, one of my son's uses Ovo and there are numerous others.

The best company for my next door neighbour isn't necessarily going to be the best company for me......usage profile, dual fuel, payment method etc , etc.

Also it depends on what you consider as 'better'..Not everyone is driven by cost some prefer a better customer service, ease of contact, telephone waiting times, billing process etc, etc.

I'm with EON.   Locked in until January 2016. Been with them a few years now with all the applied discounts. Don't know whether it is worth changing tbh.

I have no complaints with them as a Company. Call centres are good and they speak English.

Had poor experience with Scottish power.

We had new supply into property,asked if they would install meter, asked to have confirmation email, told they don't send emails once booked they will turn up on the date, needles to say they didn't show, spent 2 hours on the phone trying to arrange another connection date.

I don't mind people not turning up, as I know things don't always go to plan, but with todays access to phone, text, email they should have let me know.

Poor show.    

Well, I must say ,had completely the opposite ,we are with SSE Atlantic (same company but cheaper ). They sent round a flyer about having a Smart metre fitted ,as we spend quite a bit of time in Spain I thought it might be a good idea to have one fitted to save on getting estimated bills , phoned to make an appointment was offered one the following day when they fitted the Smart metre. They even sent me a text on the morning to remind me they would be on site at 12.00.

I read somewhere that a Smart Meter would only work with the energy supplier that fitted it & supplied the energy. Once fitted it wouldn't work if you changed energy supplier.

Later this year or perhaps it is next year the new generation of Smart Meter will be available that can work with any/ all energy suppliers. I'm waiting for the new meter to become available.

On the basis of what's contained in this thread you'd be crazy not to consider Scottish Power wouldn't you ?

Or do you enjoy paying for your energy ?

I have looked into changing suppliers but when analysed there is either no difference or minimal saving. If I thought for one moment I could save £500 a year I would be onto it like a shot but sadly this is very unlikely to happen.   Anyway I am locked in until January 31st on a discounted supply so there is not much I can do about changing right now.

To be honest we don't bother switching , it takes about 2 months to get it changed and in that time someone else has altered their tariff, our holiday let is with EDF and they don't appear to be doing smart metres yet ,maybe waiting for the next generation RL mentioned.

Archived