New Website - why?

Chestnut

It's the colour I am not keen on. Other than that it is just navigating your way around the new website. If you have too much info under your name just go into your profile and amend it to what you want people to see.

Yes ..agree Kerbut blue is more relaxing and I find the maroon colour jarring.  I don't think it is your computer Chestnut - it's just the graphics are well 'glarey'.  I thought we had a bit of change about 12 months ago so why change again - maybe Resident can tell us?

I think you will find there is a person behind the scenes of the forum Mortitia.     B)

Bournmouth Air Show for your part of the World tomorrow Mortitia.   

Yes Mel just been out in the street admiring the free show practice of Red Arrows and others displaying. Fab blue skies too. You going to the show?  

My route home goes past Hurn Airport - seen the Arrows land many times - such a short stop as soon as they are on the ground virtually!

The property I am working on right now is about 400m from the sea front. No Vulcan bomber this year:mellow: because it attracts too many people!!!

My aerial bloke was just telling me he was 3 floors up nearby last time it came over and he had to hang on for his life as the whole building rattled.

Yes Mel just been out in the street admiring the free show practice of Red Arrows and others displaying. Fab blue skies too. You going to the show?  

No.... I am not going but my Son is there with his family on a 3 day mini-break in your location

I do have a connection with the Red Arrows in a previous life          :)

As there are not many landlord / tenant question queries being raised right now going off topic for a bit is most welcomed. I have to say I do think that it is rare for anyone to go seriously off topic.

Anyone want to start a new topic on the HMRC Implications on BTL mortgages tax relief that is doing the rounds in the Sunday paper's and financial headlines?

Edit

Ooops!     I see they already have.     :rolleyes:

Well the thing is RL that the taxation changes for BTL mortgages is going to be one of the biggest changes for landlord's holding mortgages and the ramifications are going to be quite severe for some if what I am reading in the paper's..

My understanding is that

* It will only affect people who pay 40% or more in tax i.e. those who are more likely to be able to afford it. 

* It doesn't start until 2017/18

* It doesn't take full affect until around 2020/21 as its phased in over the proceeding tax years.

* There is a good chance that this will be seriously 'tweaked' by the Gov before full introduction.

Personally I WANT to see those that can afford to pay actually paying more. It seems the fairer way of reducing the deficit and protecting the country for future generations.

Every time someone gets hit with paying more some people throw their arms up in horror......it has to be expected I suppose.

The Tories won the election, this is what you are going to get for the next 4 years or so. If it's not landlords it will be some other group but for sure the country needs to reduce costs and increase income.

This seems a good way of doing it.

Hows that to kick the discussion off ?

Archived