Housing benefit millionaires

Grampa

It is just landlord bashing but as most on the list are agents who may only receive 10% of the declared amount I don't see what they are trying to achieve.

Sales tactics. They would tell lies about their Grandma if it would sell, so I guess as a Grampa you become fair game.

As usual they show gross and ignore the o/h's, losses, hassle........

I wonder if these figures show reclaims from a LL when HB believe the claim was incorrect.

The next is to show how the living conditions of these poor claimants is dire and 'all' because the LL's take all the money and keep it for their big yachts. Never any mention of a T's lifestyle and abuse.

I assume these figures are the direct payments made to A's and LL's and of course no mention of the 2 months lost before these payments can be diverted.

I typed in Denbighshire, that was nearly interesting. Manchester was even more surprising, as a Labour council you would think they would be keen to slag the capitalist, lazy gits.

Daily Mirror........says it all for me really. I won't even bother to read the article thank you.

I found the list a good source of info of my competitors in my area. I personally know about half on the list which is a mixture of private landlords and agents and I now have a list of other agents I may approach to sell up(to me)as knowing how much HB they receive gives a rough indication of their portfolio size as I estimate hb would be in the region of 25-50% of total rental income.

That was a laugh. I work for the largest outfit in my area and some I had never heard of. Food for thought at to how accurate some of this is as 3 on the list are estate agents and I guess are letting others properties.

I am not a natural DM reader as well.

Archived