Here's a new one from British Gas

Carryon Regardless

I'm still on the Welshenders saga here.

Loads of activities, Police, DPS, HEO, sad T's, that I won't go into as you are likely bored with the tales so far.

I was down there yesterday replacing door panels, ripped out co'ax, repairs to fuse boards, pay for carpets....... chats with local Bobby, flare up with ex T who appeared to gloat.... Yet to replace internal doors, blinds, Kitchen drawer and light fittings.

Anyway I received a bill from BG for the mt flat and as usual I ignore until re tenanted and then take care of it. As I signed up the next t yesterday evening today is time for some admin, BG, Council tax & water.

So looking at my BG bill for £150.42 for 28 days mt period I see they have charged 'me' for a "Balance written off 5 Apr 13 £100.77"

Previous git T has been there since July 2012 so I've yet to learn how he has swung this.

Te he,

Well 17 minutes I'll never see again, but it was worth it.

the charges are for late payment penalties as previous bills were sent on to a debt collection agency.

"Why are these applied to a new account" I thought was an obvious question. Anyway he was unable to understand why I would be concerned for a new T feasibly getting the same penalty applied.

He offered to send previous statements to my forwarding address and then checked this address. I have a habit of keeping my own address (that would be a forwarding address away from these companies for good reason). He then quoted Flat B, 46 Marine Road, "is that correct?"

"Thank you I knew the previous T had moved local but didn't yet have the address, I can now pursue him for the money he owes me."

The back pedaling was comical.

Oh a little tip.

I'm on giffgaff and when some one calls me I get topped up 1 minute for each minute they are on the line.

I call BG on their 0800 number, so no charge by giffgaff.

BG will call me back later for their customer survey stuff, I could do with topping up so I'll stretch the call out some.

I wouldn't touch British Gas with a bargepole.

In fact I go out of my way to avoid any company with the word British in it.

German firms are much better.....Bosch, Siemens, Neff, Miele, BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, VW, Hienkel, Messerschmitt, Panzer etc. They may have lost two wars but they came out on top eventually and make brilliant products.

As much as its hurts to say so I have to agree. But there is a big argument for you get what you pay for and those companies products are not normally at the lower end of the price scale. Though saying that if I had a choice between two similar priced German or English products I would likely go for the German one.

I agree with the above, I'll see about getting the electric from Porsche then.

Trouble is blummin' T's get taken in by some smarmy cold caller who says they will save £££'s for them, and change. The terms in a contract are pretty well pointless.

Pay rent,

clean property,

no dogs,

no smoking,

no chance.

You guessed it, I need a holiday again so we're off to Jockland tomorrow cos it's midge hunting season. I'll bet we catch loads.

I'm towing the boat so hopefully we'll get some sailing in too.

No we should be 'driving' back before they close the borders. Otherwise it could be a long sail down the coast dodging the submarines they will be evicting.

Had a week in Edinburgh beginning of August and absolutely loved it.

Great weather, fantastic city, lovely place. Full of foreigners though.....and I don't mean English.

We visited the Castle, Holyrood Palace, Royal Yacht, did the full city tour then went on over the Forth Bridge to Dundee to see Scott's Antarctic ship Discovery. Definitely recommend it.

I've seen the east while driving up to Aberdeen when I was an offshore prostitute. Didn't enjoy it but made the sacrifice for dosh.

After Sterling it loses it's appeal.

Now the west, as we're heading for, is some what different. I'm happy to take the high roads and show my good lady, I know this cos' she tells me she is, often,, the Scotland of memories. As a fluent Russian speaker she will have advantage over me, di ya ken?

I'm hoping to sail Loch Awe on the Friday. Camp Glen Nevis Friday night to see Fort William, and the Glen of course. The rest of the week + will be sailing around Loch Carron and hopefully down the coast to Loch Alsh and a nosey at Eileen Donnan.

A little different to the Caribbean of recent years but much more appealing than North Wales these days.

Sounds good.

I'm planning a trip to Inverness soon as we're keen to see Loch Ness & Culloden battlefield.

Whilst we are up there we'll journey down to Fort William as I want to go up Ben Nevis and getting to the top will complete my triple. I climbed Scarfell Pike (along with Helvellyn & Great Gable) in the lake district years ago and more recently Snowden (Wales).

If we have time after all that we'll drive up to John 'o Groats just so we can say we've been.

I've never got further into the Jocklands than Edinburgh and that's only cos we could fly from S'oton - the night time 'ghost tour' was a riot!

Southampton boat show is on next week - get prepared to order your Sunseeker. A British built boat by a Chinese owned company.

So that would be a Sunseeker Junk then Mortitia. :D

Archived