29 February 2014

kerbut

I wish to serve a section 21 on a tenant (non payment of rent and in the past overdue rent ) their rent day is the 30th of the month , I wish to serve the S21 at the end of this month (December ) to give them 2 months notice ,the trouble is there is no 29 th of February in 2014 , is it ok to use the 1st of March?.

No. RL has virtually NO knowledge of S21's because he's super carefull who he lets to .....everyone must have seen my lists by now.....and doesn't need to serve the notice.

When he does want to part company with a tenant he can usually achieve it by mutual agreement ( as he has just done).

One day he may need an S21 and will be asking the forum exactly the same question.

Good luck.

Can you use the section 8 route with grounds 8,10,11? If so it is really easy to do on line (after the 14 days are up) and you get a hearing date straight away, thought you will need to appear.

Just out of interest is the tenancy in the fixed term or periodic at present?

It went periodic on 30 September. I asked on another forum and they are suggesting after 1st March, all academic now as I have received an Email this afternoon apologising for the late payment and that they have done a transfer this afternoon and giving me advanced warning they will be giving me one months notice next rent day as he ( he,s a Doctor ) has obtained a position in Saudi Arabia.

As the notice should expire on the last day of a tenancy period my vote would be the 28th Feb also, as long as there is the minimum 2 months notice.

As the T was to pay rent the 30th of each month would this mean they have no need to pay in Feb ?

Archived