The Green Deal

Richlist

Hi trying to get a new boiler thou this scheme atm..... not sure If we are going to be successful thou... yes tick boiler condemded, tick its over 12 yrs old tick a tenant is on benefits. But it mite seem lumped up the tenant is on " too much " and receives more in benefit that I earn in a year 3 times over so the criteria is quite strict. still waiting for british gas to re asses it as they may have made a mistake as to eligibility even though dwp agreed it for the tenant. We are being encouraged also to take out the wall and loft insulation on her behalf being she is on benefit.... seems all too good to be true to me. ?

If you let a property out that has had work done under the green deal and the tenant is paying the utility bills the landlord MUST insure the tenancy agreement includes an acknowledgement by the tenant that the bill payer is liable to make payments under the green deal plan as certain parts of the green deal arrangement are binding on the bill payer.

I believe the acknowledgement may have to have prescribed wording and must be placed in a "prominent" position in the tenancy agreement.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2012/1661/contents/made

• 2 weeks later...

I recently used the green scheme for renovation on some of my properties and found it to be really helpful and gained a really clear insight into what the green deal is all about, i used a company called Lets Go Green Deal the advice i received was brilliant and would 100% recommend them to anyone who is looking at the green deal on their properties. I received my very own Account Manager Kal who was really helpful and was available to answer my questions at my convenience all in all great service. if you are interested i would suggest speaking to Lets Go Green Deal and if possible ask for Kal and explain that James Gill recommended and i'm sure he can look into it.

With this one we have gone for " affordable warmth " green deal the tenant does not pay it back through her util bills its a boiler grant as shes on benefits she qualifies. ( The spec is earning under £15,000 boiler condemded, of a certain age and on benefits) which in our case the tenant ticks all the boxes we should know in a week if its defo going ahead.

With this one we have gone for " affordable warmth " green deal the tenant does not pay it back through her util bills its a boiler grant as shes on benefits she qualifies. ( The spec is earning under £15,000 boiler condemded, of a certain age and on benefits) which in our case the tenant ticks all the boxes we should know in a week if its defo going ahead.

just out of curiosity which company did you go with there are loads out there?

• 2 weeks later...

How does everyone feel about ECO Funding?

At Effective Energy we pride ourselves on giving the best funding rates available for energy efficiency upgrades on your private properties.

Funding is available for anything from Hard To Treat wall insulation, to replacement glazing.

If you have more than 10 properties that could use funding for measures, get in touch with me at:

ashleigh.gregory@effective-energy.co.uk

We are also Green Deal Provider, find out more here:

http://www.effective-energy.co.uk/

One of my properties has night store heaters , is it possible to get a gas heating system fitted through the Green Deal, the property is a flat in a building which is 4 flats ,the other 3 flats have gas c/h , I know where the gas main runs through the garden and would be willing to pay British Gas to tee off the main and fit an external meter box to the wall of the property . I am the freeholder and owner of the 4 flats.

One of my properties has night store heaters , is it possible to get a gas heating system fitted through the Green Deal, the property is a flat in a building which is 4 flats ,the other 3 flats have gas c/h , I know where the gas main runs through the garden and would be willing to pay British Gas to tee off the main and fit an external meter box to the wall of the property . I am the freeholder and owner of the 4 flats.

It certainly is try Lets Go Green Deal, i used them and got all the heating and boilers through the funding have it installed today

I'd also like to learn more about air-source heat pumps.

My limited understanding is this device operates similar to a fridge - but wouldn't it take an awful lot of fridges to warm a house in cold weather?

Another concern is speed of response: Do these devices have booster fans for quick heat when needed, as some storage heaters do? From my experience, alternative quick response is essential with slow output storage heaters and under-floor CH systems.

Energy Saving Trust has good independent information - states worth considering electric air-source devices for replacement of electric storage heater systems, but not gas systems.

You are probably right Chestnut, it would take a lot of fridges to warm up a house in cold weather :)

However, ASHP's are measured in C0P values, if you have a C0P value of 3, that means you get a 3KwH of heat for every 1KwH of electricity used to heat the pump.

It is more efficient for replacing gas & solid fuels and more cost effective.

It all depends on the U-value of your home before and after the installation. But with having electric heating, you're almost guaranteed to save.

Archived