An applicant

Carryon Regardless

I've just had a call for someone interested in one of my 1 bed flats.

He's on incapacity so I enquired as to the disability and he's a paranoid schizophrenic.

This brings back memories of a T a few years ago that I signed up Friday for him to ring Monday, declaring same condition, and saying his voice had told him he couldn't live there. He stated that with his violent fits I would be unwise to keep him as T (different words but same jist). He quit the tenancy so I negotiated settlement with his mother the G'tor.

Now this one has declared his condition so.

Should I anticipate 2 viewings ?

Do I charge the admin fee twice ?

Do I get them both to sign on to the AST ?

Or maybe I should forget this one as I don't think the flat is big enough for both of him.

I just hope they don't fall out with one another. :D

I shouldn't make jokes like that because my Father in Law had schizophrenia for 30 years until he died.

The medication he was on kept him under control but the sad fact was he had a brilliant brain when he was a young Man which only goes to prove that it doesn't pay to to be too clever upstairs in the head because sometimes the brain does funny things and can turn you.

The medication he was on kept him under control but the sad fact was he had a brilliant brain when he was a young Man which only goes to prove that it doesn't pay to to be too clever upstairs in the head because sometimes the brain does funny things and can turn you.

Does it ? No......i don't think so!

A sample of one surely doesn't really prove anything.

There are always exceptions to any rule.....

A sample of one surely doesn't really prove anything.

No of course not but I was making a point that the brain works in strange ways and the balance of that human brain can alter.

My FiL was subjected to a lot of 1950's style medical treatment for schizophrenia which failed miserably but even after that treatment if you said to him what is 144 x 36 he would give you the answer in under 4 seconds.

He was a brilliant mathmatician but it didn't do him any good whatsoever at anytime during his life.

Archived