Free boilers for your property's

Sedgy34

Hi

I'm new on here I am a landlord too!

I'm also involved in the Eco funding where we can fit new boilers free of charge to your rented property's

The criteria is must be privately rented and your tennant claiming benefits, also if the boiler they are using is less than 86% efficient &more than 5 years old you qualify for a free boiler. The funding wont last long so When its gone its gone, if your interested get in touch with me please.

I am in West Midlands area but maybe able to help all around the uk.

Poorly educated people (like sedgy34) often think that things like boilers come free of charge.

Unfortunately the rest of us are meeting the costs through taxes and increased energy bills......SO ITS NOT FREE FOR US..

I hate the scheme, I hate the people who are profitting from it and I hate the inaccurate propaganda that is persauding people to replace perfectly OK boilers with crap ones.

That's your opinion, you can either pay for a triple A rated boiler or get one free through the scheme either way YOU will still pay increasing prices on utility bills, you could invest and put solar Pv etc on the roofs to get money back I did this and I can offset against price increases also saving money each year

An existing gas boiler, although it may be running a little less efficiently (how do you measure this Sedgy?) may last many years more than a new one would, the cost of which (to someone!) could pay for many years difference of extra gas through the existing one.

If it ain't broke......

Nothing is free!

See also answers on recent similar thread.

(Solar panels slightly different argument as using new source of free (renewable) energy.)

If the exhisting boiler is more than 5 years old, if its not a condensing type, its likely to be less efficient of 86% there fore a new boiler is Condesing and A rated and more efficient and saving your tennant money every year compared to the exhisting boiler. What we are doing is free through the Eco funding scheme and I have a landlord I know with quite a few houses who is taking up this offer at no cost to himself or his tennants Hope this helps

Hope this helps

No it doesn't.....ITS NOT FREE TO US......cos we are paying for it thru our taxes and increased energy bills.

All you are doing is further antagonising some who see the scheme as a sham.

Like many others you are just grabbing anything thats free without having any understanding of the process or politics that goes with it.

Consider:

Old gas boiler working and 80% efficient. New A rated condensing boiler typically 90% efficient - life say 10 years. New boiler saves 10% gas.

Annual gas usage say 20,000kWh. 10% saving = £2,000kWh at 5p/kWh = £100 p.a. saving.

Cost estimate of new boiler to tenant, owner and/or tax payer - boiler £800, new fittings/connections £200, pipe, circuit and flue changes/making-good labour £1000, plus 20%VAT - say total £2200 (if lucky).

(Some work may not be not fully guaranteed unless all old rads and pipes replaced at same time)

Hence (if my maths correct) pay back is at least 20 years, by or during which time new boiler will probably need replacing at similar or greater further cost again.

Therefore surely better (for individual and country) not to replace old boilers until they fail, or for some other practical reason.

The justification for these 'green' boiler deals can only be jobs to make and install boilers. i.m.o. gov. should offer help to replace all old boilers (not just 'benefit' ones) when they actually need replacing.

Hope this helps

No it doesn't.....ITS NOT FREE TO US......cos we are paying for it thru our taxes and increased energy bills.

All you are doing is further antagonising some who see the scheme as a sham.

Like many others you are just grabbing anything thats free without having any understanding of the process or politics that goes with it.

Yes it does!!

You don't agree, that's fine but you will not stop annual price increases so you might as well benefit from a scheme

Sedgy,

Please read my calculation notes!

By my reckoning the only people who might benefit from these schemes are those who get jobs making and fitting unnecessary boilers that take 20 years (if indeed they last that long) to recoup their installation costs from gas saved, .

One way or another the rest of us pay the true costs of the schemes.

I hope you can understand my point.

Just for the record (Royal we ) are replacing condensing boilers that are less than 5 years old.

The condensing boiler will not last as long as the good old slightly inefficient cast iron heat exchange boilers.

Like I tell people, if anyone could have an all singing, all dancing new condensing boiler it would be me but no thanks, I will stick with my 16 yo Ideal mexico still going strong with a proven efficiency rated at 8% less than than a new condensing boiler.

In one of my rented properties I have a 26 yo wall boiler still going strong. Regularly serviced & certified by my Son's company. All it has had is a new gas flow control valve at £140 in all that time and that was last year.

Surely efficiency is of no consequence to Joe Public....

1. Its what we pay in £'s for our energy that really matters.

2. Joe Public can't count.....so telling him that a new one is 8% more efficient means nothing unless its converted into £'s.

3. I believe the selling of new condensing boilers is MISSELLING.....the same as PPI. Telling customers they will save money by spending a couple of thousand pounds on a condensing boiler is a scam which some people fall for.

How do you measure the efficiency of your boiler? Or is that a silly question?

Dunno Grampa. I leave that arithmetic to my Son.

When my gas valve went kaput on my rented property 26 yo boiler you would take the part no. and GC Code and just buy another one.

I was quoted £240 as it was an obsolete part according to the company I was dealing with.

My Son went to his main supplier and got the books out that referenced ALL boilers going back 40 years and cross referenced the GC number eventually to another old style boiler and this company had one of the shelf ready to go for £140.

Not many people would do that but he did and he would do it for others as well and it would have been oh so easy for him to say to anyone that your boiler is 25 years old what do you expect, it's knackered and needs replacing with a condensing efficient boiler but he doesn't.

I know for a fact that a certain large gas company that advertises on the telly has a notorious reputation for doing this in condemning boilers saying that spares are not available anymore when in fact they are.

Funny enough as we are talking about this subject my Mexico boiler packed up last night. :D

Thermocouple knackered and shutting off the gas flow from the gas control valve. I have got my Son coming to fix it this PM.

Cost of the part trade price is £4.50 and 20 minutes to fit. I'll buy him a pint for his efforts. :D

Archived