Refurb' Exhaustion

Richlist

Its coming to an end.....I can see light at the end of the tunnel. Yes, I can now imagine a world where I won't be waking up in the early hours of the morning in a cold sweat worrying about the electrical installations or having the smell of fresh paint permanantly up my nostrils.

Since last October......X4 new bathrooms, X3 complete refurbs, X2 new kitchens.....the last kitchen is almost finished.

I never want to see another paint brush...... :D

Still, on a positive note, I should have a seriously reduced income tax bill for this tax year.

Welcome to my World RL...............well, it was until last year since I have now gone into semi retirement from property development.

"Homes under the Hammer" make it sound and look oh so easy don't they. It is hard work most days.

Well it looks like you timed it well to get your empty and unfurnished allowance because from 1st April 2013 it all changes.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1992/558/contents/made

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2003/3011/contents/made

So if you you agree to release a tenant early for what ever reason or you have to consider the council tax implecation cost to the landlord

So if you you agreed to release a tenant early for what ever reason or you have to consider the council tax implecation cost to the landlord

Grampa, EXCELLENT point.....something that I hadn't considered.

Up to now I've always agreed to let a tenant go whenever they wish with little or no charge for them leaving early. I shall definitely be reconsidering my position on this one now as them leaving early is likely to cost me £150+ per month for council tax alone.

Look out tenants.....the new tougher, less compromising, Landlord from hell is reinventing his approach to those of you who want to bend the rules.

If we have a tenant who wishes to be released early we get them to sign an agreement to a fee of 10% of the remaining rent of the fixed term of the contract and also on the condition a new acceptable tenant is found and the outgoing tenant pays the rent etc up to the day before any new tenant moves in. I guess we will now have to add something about the council tax as well.

Archived