Cooker Cleaning Charge

Richlist

Something very strange is happening. The last 5 tenants that have moved out of my properties have all left the ovens in a bad condition/ not cleaned. I decided many years ago that I was not going to clean ovens for a living and so always get someone in and charge against the tenants deposit.......none of them have objected to the deduction. Amazingly in every case the hobs have been virtually spotless.

So much for the recession/ economic depression/ people being short of money if they can all happily allow a firm to bill them circa £50 a pop to clean an oven.

Do others have the same experience ?

I think because it is a not very pleasent job, ovens do get overlooked to be cleaned. Also I am sure some tenants are so dim they think the landlord wont look inside so only clean the hob.

I think because it is a not very pleasent job, ovens do get overlooked to be cleaned. Also I am sure some tenants are so dim they think the landlord wont look inside so only clean the hob.

I agree with that statement Gramps.

Standard charge of £50 to clean the oven. I have always, in the past, included that in my check-out list I leave with the tenant to ensure that the outgoing tenant is well aware.

Archived