Letting Agent?

Grampa

Just been given a property to manage and owner is giving notice to the current "Letting Agent" due to numerous reasons.

Here is an extract from a letter sent from the LA to the tenant:

Please find enclosed the statutory notice requiring possession which legally we have to issue you at this time in line with your current tenancy.

However, we would advise you that the owner is not seeking possession of the property and is happy to allow the tenancy to continue. The tenancy will become a periodic tenancy which continues for an indefinite period but can be terminated by either the landlord or the tenant by giving two months notice in writing.

Under the terms of the agreement the rent can be increased annually should the owner request us to do so and you will be given written notice of any proposed increase. However, the rent can only be increased once you have been resident for twelve months and thereafter only once in any twelve month period.

The Ast is only for 6 months, the deposit hasn't been protected and the plan is to keep the tenants in the property. (they are good tenants and no plans to kick out)

The test today children is how many faults with the above.

I think I have 7 as well .

I have a copy of the Ast used as well, which obviously has just been typed out on a pc with a few clauses copied from somewhere and quite a few others they have made up as they went along.

I will scan and post maybe next week.

Any chance that a knowledgeable LA puts the numpty LA right on tenancy landlord procedures?

I could only see about 5 error's that doesn't surprise me at all. :rolleyes:

As much as I would like to tell the LA they dont know their arse from their elbow this is now the 3rd client who has come over to me. So I think it best to keep quiet.

Archived