HMO issues

sgethin

Attention all Landlords,

Have you been affected by the HMO law. The 2004 act that came into effect in 2006. I would like to hear from you and how it has affected your business. I run an operation accommodation for vulnerable people. I have 17 letting rooms, they are all en-suite with shower, wash basin, refrigerators, cooking facilities and some their owl toilet. I have been running the business the same way for the last 16 years. I have always provided a free breakfast and there is no charge for amenities. Camden council are trying to register me as a mandatory HMO. I am fighting this through the legal system. If I win my case it will create case Law and this will help thousands of landlords all over the country. I am lacking in funds for Legal fees. Can anyone please help. If you can donate anything even a small donation will help. Please make cheques payable to MR. S. P. Gethin Address: Happyvale Hotel Bed and Breakfast Nightly Accommodation, 21 Harrington Square, London NW1 2JJ.

Tel: 02073874671

Thank you

Mr. Gethin

Have you contaced organisations such as Crisis, Shelter and other homeless charities ? They seem to have access to legal services and may be willing to support you with larger contributions than you are likely to receive thru a simple internet chat board.

The evidence of the Daily Mail article sgethin would suggest you would be fighting a non winnable court case.

Camden Council would have asked you to clean up your guest house /hotel long before they prosecuted you which it would appear you failed to heed their advice especially basic hygene standards for your displaced occupiers.

Archived