Gas safety check

lesley mcmillan

Hi All, I’m in a bit of a dilemma……………….:huh:

I need to get a Gas safety check completed on a new propertyI am purchasing, but they cannot carry this out until the cooker is connected,the cooker is the new Tenants, but I thought I needed this check done beforethe tenant moves in.

What do I do, the Tenant can’t give me her cooker before shemoves in and the Gas safety check can’t get done till I have it.

Can the tenant move in for a few days till this is carriedout????

You have no responsibility toward T owned equipment. A gas inspection can be carried out on the installation as is. The cert would detail the equipment, by makers name, as inspected.

You may prefer to have the cooker inspected but could make this the contracted responsibility of the T when installed.

In truth if an occupying T decides to interfere with gas integrity our only realistic action would be to repossess.

It doesn't have to be your concern, it is your choice.

Gas check could be carried out within the hour of her moving in if you have booked the appointment. Tell her cooker must not be used or connected even until safety check has been carried out.

If the cooker fails the check and believe me they often do, then the Gasafe Guy will put a condemn ticket onto the cooker. Up to tenant and landlord then what to do for the best.

Hi,

A gas safety check is to inspect at that particular time, so if no cooker the engineer will note this - make sure it does state this though on the gas cert. I would suggest to get the gas safety check done before the cooker is installed.

I can recommend a good engineer for around Manchester if needed.

Good luck!

Hi,

A gas safety check is to inspect at that particular time, so if no cooker the engineer will note this - make sure it does state this though on the gas cert. I would suggest to get the gas safety check done before the cooker is installed.

I can recommend a good engineer for around Manchester if needed.

Good luck!

...........and when the cooker is eventually installed? Gas safety check has to be done again then which will require another call-out and probably another fee for doing so.

Surely the only logical answers are:

1. The landlord should supply & fit a gas cooker (& ensure its included on the gas safety certificate) OR.

2. The landlord or tenant supply & fit an electric cooker.

Anything else is lunacy.......let me know when I can leave the assylum !!!! :blink:

Archived