AT5

lesley mcmillan

this is my first property and i want to do it all right. i am a bit confused with a AT5, do i need to have one if i do a tenancy agreement, also i have read i need one when i use a SAT, am i right to say a SAT is just a short tenancy agreement.

if i have confused you then sorry but it is confusing me. please help a first timer.

thanks

Hi les

What is an AT5? what basis have you been advised you need one of these ,maybe I know f it as something else

SAT...I think you mean an AST(Assured Shorthold tenancy)

An AST is the tenancy agreement and you will most certainly need one of these along with alot of other paperwork.

The AT5 is the equivalent of the s.20 notice which you were required the serve under the Housing Act 1988. This requirement was abolished in England by the 1996 Housing Act. I do not know whether is is still a requirement in Scotland as I practice south of the border.

Scotland is now almost a foreign country.....at least it will be when Alex Salmond has achieved independance.

I assume this forum offers no more help to Scotland than it does to landlords in Botswana, USA or New Zealand etc as Scotland has a totally different set of rules,,,,,,doesn't it ?

Personally I think we should keep Scotland as part of the Union......at least until we've had all the north sea oil.

Personally I think we should keep Scotland as part of the Union......at least until we've had all the north sea oil.

Dangerous ground there Richlist. :D

I would like to think that the Scottish People can see Alex Salmond for what he is and vote to stay as part of the United Kingdom.

The voice of one is the voice of none Alex Salmond so take note. I always liken him to a slippery car salesman and to be honest I wouldn't buy a second hand wheel barrow off him!

Personal observation & minor rant over! :D

If Scottish independance was on a level playing field then I wouldn't have an opinion/ preference either way as to wether they stayed in the union or not. Unfortunately it is NOT a level playing field.

Presumably after independance Scotland would still expect the protection of our navy, air force and much of central government administration.......to which my taxes contribute.

I'm happy to continue contributing ........provided Scotland are providing something in return. I'm not sure Alex Salmond has that in mind.

Archived