Eviction help

moore78

i hope someone will be able to help me. about 6 years ago my mother had to go into a nursing home she did not want to sell and the property was let to a family we di not give them a written agreement as we were told that we did not need to do this. my mother passed away a year ago and i would like to sell the property. i have been told that i need to serve a section 21 notice I have asked an agent about this and they just seemed to want to manage the property. can someone give me some information what i need to do and if i need a solicitor. Thank you in advance for any assistance you can give me.

I think your question has been asked a few times on this forum. Provided probate has been resolved then it will be simply be an issue of serving a notice under S21(4)(a) Housing Act 1988 and then issuing proceedings in the county court if your tenant does not move out. As you do not have a written agreement there will have to be a court hearing. If you just want help in completing the appropriate form you can email thousingteam@yahoo.co.uk this is an execution only service and they will prepare the appropriate notice/claim form for you and provide you with guidance.

Probate will be essential as you have no authority to sell your late Mother's property if, of course, you have not done so already.

The cost is £104 with a big application form to complete but it is straightforward and your property selling Solicitor will need a sealed copy of probate which is available at an extra cost of around £3 at the time of application.

HMRC are automatically informed of your intentions so be aware they may want to question you if your late Mother's estate exceeds the Inheritance Tax threashold.

Mel.

Hi Alex78

Good to see your now going in the right direction,and I hope you do get the property back soon.

The S21 needs to run for 2 months and if the tenant does not leave at the end of that notice you will be waiting another couple of months for court.

But you will get there ,lots of help on the forum

Good luck

Archived