rental agreement (help please)

mickhell

Can anyone help me please, we have been renting our house out to a couple now for 10 months and because we live 200 miles away we sent them the rental agreement to be signed by post to them the day they moved in, we have been asking for it back and they will not sign it nor will they give it us back, what can I do about this does anybody know what I can do? I would like them to leave can I evict them?

Help please Helen

I would say you have a verbal contract then, why didn't you make sure the contract was signed before they moved in? Are you using a letting agent?

Not even sure how you could let it out without getting the ast signed? How did they get the keys and did you do anything else i.e. inventory or protect the deposit?

It could be that they just aren't efficient but It's more like that you have bad 'uns.

Create a record as accurate as possible, with reference to supporting evidence.

To repossess you need to show the start of tenancy as this is the commencement of your verbally agreed (6 month I assume) AST.

An AST already exists between you, no signed contract is required for this to be actual.

BUT are they paying as they should ?

Is the property inspected and what's the condition ?

In truth having a signed tenancy agreement won't give any great advantage. In the 10 months they already live like they live, if they are bad you 'should' know by now. If they're good think yourself lucky that you have an easy distant tenancy.

Can anyone help me please, we have been renting our house out to a couple now for 10 months and because we live 200 miles away we sent them the rental agreement to be signed by post to them the day they moved in, we have been asking for it back ........

I've heard of this situation many times before. What always puzzles me is WHY anyone would post a contract to a tenant just in the hope that they might return it.

Can we safely assume that you do not have a lettings agent ?

If so, what about all of the other documentation mandatory or optional that is usually required when letting property:-

* Deposit Protection

* Check in Inventory/ Schedule of Condition

* Extra contract clauses

* S21

* Rent Guarantee Insurance

* Guarantor documents

* Gas certificate

* Mortgagee/ other permission to let

Archived