Execution of Warrant of Possession-what bailiff can and can't do

Irina

We submitted N325 and asked to talk to a supervising bailiff. Don't know if he was a supervising one, but when we requested police presence during execution, he said that it's not necessary. They're allowed to use reasonable force (take his arm and lead him out), and if T still won't move, they call a police straightway. In fact, they call them before they enter the property and put them on hold, and if T turns out to be problem, they ask police to come. He assured us that T will be out that day, no matter what.

Could you confirm that bailiff has provided accurate information?

Thank you.

My understanding is that you need to facilitate access, keys or locksmith id the norm.

My choice would be to drill the lock if required, it's going to be replaced anyway.

I assume the supervisor will give good info but I can't say from experience.

Please keep us informed of events, it could be ANY ONE OF US next time.wink.gif

That is similar info to what i have been told before.

The last time i was sure we would need a police presence as he had said he wouldn't go and would barricade himself in. He didn't as was gone before the bailiff turned up.

But if you do need police and they don't turn up the bailiff will not wait for long and you will have to apply again.

Did you know that a interrupted 999 call gets immediate attention from the police.;)

That is similar info to what i have been told before.

The last time i was sure we would need a police presence as he had said he wouldn't go and would barricade himself in. He didn't as was gone before the bailiff turned up.

But if you do need police and they don't turn up the bailiff will not wait for long and you will have to apply again.

Did you know that a interrupted 999 call gets immediate attention from the police.;)

I thought bailiff was telling us a lot of porkies! Shame on him. He, probably, wanted to appear knowledgeable and sussed us as freshers, who will lap up whatever he says. We put it on N325 that we need a police presence. Shall we call them again, after Warrant is issued, and insist that police attend? He was violent with us before, and he most probably will refuse to leave.

Richlist, I will take your advice on rent guarantee insurance. Thank you for it. I think it's a must that I do enhanced checks with provider to qualify. Heard that most try to wriggle out of it, so in a due time, if I may, will ask more questions to minimize this possibility.

Oh, can I venture one more question, please? My husband says that we can apply for debt recovery now, as soon as Warrant of Possesion has been issued with the date set, while he's still in the flat. Can we really? If so, can we calculate the arrears till the date of execution or only till current date? Grampa, you avised to do this when he leaves and serve the docs to this old address. Unfortunately, he looks like a semi-professional T, and will most certainly will appeal to put it aside on the grounds that he didn't know about it.

Thank you.

Archived