How can I evict a lodger

steveo63pr

Hi to all,

I need some advice. I currently have a lodger residing in my condo. She gave a 30 day notice and it has only been a couple of days. The other night she couldn't find her bike and accuse me of stealing it and threatened to call the cops to get me arrested. I was with my partner at the time. I currently work for law enforcement and I am stressed out because I don't know what other accusations can come within the next couple of days. I try my best to not to be home when she is there. She is now leaving her garbage everywhere and leaving the T.V. on high volume and demanding me to buy her a bike lock to lock it in the area where the bikes are located in the garage. She is also requesting a mailbox key after living here for 7 months. She had her own mailbox but now she wants to use mine, after she told me that she did not need a key because she did not plan to use my mailbox. She is acting very suspicious and I am afraid that she can put my job in jeopardy. Is there anything I can do?

Steven

Hi Steven,

Check out the following blog post: .Hopefully this will give you some decent advice. Essentially it is crucial to get a court order or you could end up in hot water! Hope this helps!

Kyle... please take the time to read the original topic poster and 1 reply

He lives in the USA!

........ the article refers to T's not lodgers.

As most here I won't comment on a USA situation but a UK lodger effectively needs to say "please can I come in" each time.

Archived