Bonds are they law?

Antnkel

By bond I guess you mean deposit.

Totally your choice if you take one, after deposit protection came I stopped taking them for some time.

Recently I've started taking them again and suffering the extra administration involved.

If you use a common law tenancy agreement you dont need to protect the deposit but you wont be able to use a s21. Some people dont take a deposit but make sure they have a guarantor in place and or rent insurance.

Letting to family is fraught with problems and many families have fallen out doing it. It may be worthwhile putting it through a agent for the first 6 months so if there are any problems any hardline taken with the tenant for late payment or other issues comes from the agent who will act as a bit of a buffer.

Well techincaly it's not family, it's my sister in laws partner and as there not married he's no relation at all.

I understand and have read about letting to family and friends and them falling out.:unsure:

I have full confidence in them paying, more than the couple I have in the other property.

Archived