Renters rights bill

kanrent

Who knows?

Perhaps they will first check if you are Member of the Labour Party or wether you are a Labour voter.

Then they might check if you are 'rich' so they can charge you more.

In any event it's not going to end well for landlords.

I would imagine the register of landlords rental properties will enable the HMRC to check them out for tax purposes and the local council will charge the landlord anywhere between £700 and £800 to register the property(s) for their local tax collection. This is how it is currently working in some areas of the UK where this register is now operating.

Either way most landlords will add this tax cost to the rental price I would say. I know I would.

Hyndburn operated a 'Selective Licencing ' scheme. All the things they said they would do and the advantages this would create came to nowt.

Depending on how you paid that was £750 for 5 years. That was for each property, fortunately I only had 1, my brother 'had' 5.

After 2 periods it has now ceased to exist, for some reason. Likely it wasn't profitable enough for the council.

My Rent Smartarse Wales registration is due for renewal. I can't find how much but think it's £36. I need to register each property I rent.

I paid for and carried out an online course, not expensive.

Then when I had proved I could read dribble I paid to register.

I've been trying to sell, but that isn't happening. So now the mt properties will be rented again. I must use their Occupation Contract, so I'm just filling out and printing off 42 pages for a new tenancy.

Under Rent Smart the many restrictions, and penalties for non compliance are scary. It feels like Stalin is still alive and controlling the Senned. Although living in a Siberian Gulag would surely be simpler, and the way things are going no colder.

As an agent we already have to send a annual report to the HMRC of all landlords, property address and gross income. This new requirement wil try to catch the landlords who self manage under the radar. 

Renters Right Bill is being discussed in Parliament today......9/10/24.   Leaked information about the new legislation doesn't look too promising for private landlords. Can't wait for an MP Landlord to get prosecuted in the future for being a bad landlord.  😄