Lisa nandy reasonable alterations

kanrent

You are referring to this new'ish 2022/23 Labour Party policy proposals.

"Nandy has pledged to set up the charter within 100 days if Labour wins the next election, which is expected to include an end to automatic evictions for rent arrears and no-fault evictions, the right for renters to have pets, to make reasonable alterations to a property, and to introduce a four-month notice period for landlords".

Most reasonable people know that Lisa Nandy has the brain power of a whelk and if she thinks that this new legislation is going to help the private sector landlord remain in business and thus avoid a private rental property shortage which is is already decimated by this Conservative government anti landlord policies then she needs to think again. It is exactly this type of proposals that is driving private landlords out of the business. I can only repeat what I have always maintained as a private letting landlord, in business, I am not a branch of the Social Services networks.

Lisa Nandy is another in a long list of those in the Labour shadow cabinet who just do not impress me.

Starmer, Nandy, Thornberry, Milliband, Ashworth, Cooper, Rayner, Reeves & especially Dodds.......the rest I've never seen or heard of and hope I never do.

I can't think of a single policy, idea or suggestion that any of them have tabled that I've thought was good.

God help us if this lot are running the country in a couple of years time !

19 hours ago, Richlist said:

Lisa Nandy is another in a long list of those in the Labour shadow cabinet who just do not impress me.

Starmer, Nandy, Thornberry, Milliband, Ashworth, Cooper, Rayner, Reeves & especially Dodds.......the rest I've never seen or heard of and hope I never do.

I can't think of a single policy, idea or suggestion that any of them have tabled that I've thought was good.

God help us if this lot are running the country in a couple of years time !

It looks like they will be

I don't agree. Labour do have their supporters but there are many others opposed to a Labour win.

I'm not so sure that Labour have the ability to win a majority......especially with Starmer and his lack lustre shadow cabinet.

It may be a close run result with no clear winner and then it'll get interesting as the smaller parties will come into play.

I'm old enough to remember when there were Labour Gov's that we could look up to and respect, the current Labour lot fall far short of expectations.

Still it's not all bad news......looks like there may be a new business opportunity for me soon. The Gov have apparently got thousands of good second hand inflatables and outboard motors stockpiled on the South coast and looking for a buyer.😉😉

15 hours ago, Richlist said:

I don't agree. Labour do have their supporters but there are many others opposed to a Labour win.

I'm not so sure that Labour have the ability to win a majority......especially with Starmer and his lack lustre shadow cabinet.

It may be a close run result with no clear winner and then it'll get interesting as the smaller parties will come into play.

I'm old enough to remember when there were Labour Gov's that we could look up to and respect, the current Labour lot fall far short of expectations.

Still it's not all bad news......looks like there may be a new business opportunity for me soon. The Gov have apparently got thousands of good second hand inflatables and outboard motors stockpiled on the South coast and looking for a buyer.😉😉

There maybe a lot of buyers wanting those inflatables to escape the UK after the next election