Second home owners in Wales face 300% council tax rise.

Melboy

I wonder if this will include landlords?  Probably not as it would mean a massive rent rise for any tenant. Thank goodness I never went ahead and bought a holiday home in Pembrokeshire a few years back.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10568241/Second-home-owners-Wales-face-300-council-tax-rise.html

Yes, the idea is horrific.

I have never known anywhere to be more unfriendly towards people who arent residents.

Like most people I love everything about Wales but in this case I wish them only destruction & total failure.

Just wait until some Welsh person asks a favour of me.......I'm gonna get so much enjoyment hiking the cost/ charges by 300%.

If it's good enough for them, then it's good enough for me.

Is this article designed to be confusing?

A four times rise to 300% doesn't eqaute, does it? You might remember I wrote about a penalty of an additional 200% of council tax as was agreed between Welsh Labour and Plaid Cymru, this sounds to be that.

Even before that nice news, thanks Mel, I have been considering the long term plan for Wales.

There is evidence of an exodus of property investors. When the WRA realise this isn't serving as hoped I guess they will find other money grabbing capitalists to go at. The result is a spiralling welsh economy, and not upward.

Apparently the welsh housing market, N  Wales at least, has risen by the order of 20% over the last 12 months. It is starting to level off.

What do you guys suggest I should do? Is it a good time to buy? Can I expect my diesel costs to go down soon? Is Timothy Martin the patron saint of Guinness?

Oops, I'm concentrating on Wales while still thinking of my next port of call.