NEW ' How to Rent Guide' 21st July

Richlist

Thanks,

I wonder what additional 'how to get your LL' info is added.

The contradiction there is that if the tenants are treated to be so unable to research for themselves then they can't flippin' read the leaflet.

I have yet to confirm this but it looks like a new "easy read" version has been brought out so a 3 year old can read it which is 48 pages but the normal one of 18 pages hasnt been changed. As both are still on the government website I can only assume there is no change to the normal one and the easy read one is the same. I cant be bothered to compare them but there will be clarification  on the web in the next few days.  

Now come on, surely you are experienced enough to realise the the Gov' can, will and have in the past updated this document without applying a later date to it. You have to set aside all your common sense and expectations......this is the Government you are dealing with. Any application for an MI5 job expects you to know this. 😁

Apparantly it does contain some changes......something to do with COVID19 I believe.

The NRLA have said we should continue to issue the Dec 2020 guide to tenants. The new update can be issued in addition & would be useful to help people who might have difficulty understanding some of the terminology.

By usual I guess we must be sure to include the latest leaflet or be prevented from a S21 repossession?

Wouldn't it be nice if our Gov't could show us how to be compliant at any point in time?

I feel we are presented with ongoing additional hurdles that are designed to trip us as they are placed in our path in hope don't see them.

I also see these ongoing hazards as central Gov't and local Gov't (that to include the Welsh Retard Assembly) as LL harassment. Imagine the response if we had tried these tactics on our T's, when we had such powers as to create our own AST contracts.

Well the latest opinion (legal) in the industry is the easy read version is to be amended or recalled due to typos, incorrect email addresses, it doesn't comply with the governments own requirements and at present you only need to give the easy read version (+ normal copy) if requested so "normal" copy appears to be still valid to serve solely as is.

As soon as I hear anything else from other sources to back up the above I will post.

Here we go, I think this clarifies the issue and is from Safeagent which is a regulatory body for Letting Agents on par with ARLA

How to Rent Guide – MHCLG clarification 
MHCLG recently published an Easy Read version of the How to Rent Guide. The Easy Read version is designed to simplify the language and ensure there is an option for the information in the guide to be more accessible, if needed. 

The Easy Read version is not an update, nor is it required to be given to tenants, it is just designed to be an extra resource. The most recent version of the guide which is required to be given at the beginning of new tenancies remains the version online which is dated December 2020.

I don't wish to be pedantic but I'm gonna be anyway, because I can on an internet forum and it sometimes adds a bit of fun to an otherwise very boring subject.....the MHCLG arent telling us anything we don't already know.

In fact, one could argue it's missing, perhaps, one of, if not THE most important piece of information. That is, has the December 2020 version been updated or not ? My understanding is that it has, although I refuse to check it because I always fall asleep before I get to the end.😴😴😴

It's important because I suspect, like me, others print out a few paper copies so they are readily to hand at the appropriate time.