Is Buy to Let Fading Away?

Melboy

I meet people all the time who are worried, concerned, apprehensive, even frightened about retiring. They don't know what they are going to do with themselves in retirement and I find that quite sad that when you take work from their lives there is nothing left.  Most of us have hobbies or interests or we are involved with organisations outside of work and once you free up your time you are able to spend more of it doing those things. I've always had a few things that I've wanted to do but have never had the time to do them.......retirement gives you that time.

Obviously during the current pandemic most people have had their lives put on hold. But normally, apart from the occasional day when I have absolutely nothing to do, I can always fill my day doing stuff that I want to do......rather than what my employer wants me to do.

Planning is the key to retirement.

12 hours ago, Richlist said:

I meet people all the time who are worried, concerned, apprehensive, even frightened about retiring. They don't know what they are going to do with themselves in retirement and I find that quite sad that when you take work from their lives there is nothing left.  Most of us have hobbies or interests or we are involved with organisations outside of work and once you free up your time you are able to spend more of it doing those things. I've always had a few things that I've wanted to do but have never had the time to do them.......retirement gives you that time.

Obviously during the current pandemic most people have had their lives put on hold. But normally, apart from the occasional day when I have absolutely nothing to do, I can always fill my day doing stuff that I want to do......rather than what my employer wants me to do.

Planning is the key to retirement.

Yes, i think i fit that mould, 41 properties, never had any borrowings, always in work, 4 lads that work with me, still got 8 to build on land i have owned since the late eighties, built a place in spain some 15 years ago, go twice a year on average, oh well tomorrows another day.