Sale on Hold pending Election

Richlist

I've a property i want to sell in the new year.

Normally by now I would have already given the tenants an early indications of my intentions, have served an S21 and pretty much know when I would get the property back.

However, the General Election is only 6 days away and if Labour win I won't be selling in a hurry,  perhaps not for a few years until I get more details on their capital gains tax plans. 

I could carry on letting it for another parliamentary term if i have to.

Let's see what happens next Thursday.

2 hours ago, Richlist said:

I've a property i want to sell in the new year.

Normally by now I would have already given the tenants an early indications of my intentions, have served an S21 and pretty much know when I would get the property back.

However, the General Election is only 6 days away and if Labour win I won't be selling in a hurry,  perhaps not for a few years until I get more details on their capital gains tax plans. 

I could carry on letting it for another parliamentary term if i have to.

Let's see what happens next Thursday.

If labour gets in they might make you sell it at a discount to the tenant under their proposed "tenant right to buy" 

I'm not intending to sell anything soon. In fact I may even buy again next year because if Labour do become the Government the value of paper folding  money you are holding in your savings /bank account will dissolve quicker that snow in Summer.

For those of us who are old enough and remember the early to late 1970's will remember the rampant inflation that crippled everybody. The famous slogan at that time was     "One person's pay rise...... is another person's misery"   How true that was.

Down here in the South West we have early indications of the future under a possible Labour government with the South West train drivers on a 27 day strike.    Beggars belief doesn't it.

I've heard it described as the politics of jealousy. But as we've discussed it doesn't seem we have friends in the Tories nowadays.

Still, as least worst They have my vote, even though it feels like we will be paying any Gov't for the priviledge of being allowed to be Landlords.

As far as voting is concerned........the thought of Diane Abbott as the Home Secretary from Friday 13th was almost more of a disincentive than Jeremy Corbyn as Prime Minister.

It always amazes me that the media and MPs continue to focus on December 12th (polling day) when over 7 million of us use postal voting. Many who use postal voting will already have cast their votes........I voted on 16th November ! I didn't need to watch the media interviews to make up my mind.

Well up 'ere i'nt 'ills there was a 14% swing last time. That gave Labour the seat with a 2,322 majority.

I can see the candidates continually harrassing us 73,248 actual voters (last time anyhows) for support is worth the effort.

I would have voted TBP if the candidate wasn't spawned by an ex UKIP thug who has a Derby seat. So least worst is Tory.