Beware of Agents Pearson Ferrier who made me lose over £11,000 on my rental property.

victory238

Notice this every UK landloard : If you choose agents Person Ferrier you may lose so much money just like me. Person Ferrier director’s attitude is so terrible, he refused to help with anything after this happened to me. I very regret instructing property agent Pearson Ferrier to undertake letting and full management of my property. it made me lose rent, solicitor’s fee for evicting tenant and repair fees totalling over £11000. So I take this lesson and would like to let every landlord know if you choose an incompetent agent it will make you lose lots of money and feel so much pressure.

Pearson Ferrier failed in their duties:

1.   Pearson Ferrier did not undertake a Tenant Credit Check.  They found a tenant who was a traveller, who only had a part time clearing job, her husband did not work and they have 3 children. She does not qualify for benefit either. Person Ferrier find a tenant who not able to afford the rent. 

2.   The deposit was not put with a deposit company and lie to me that they did. As a landlord I was liable to paying 3 times penalty.

3.   Pearson Ferrier did not inform the local council that the tenants moved in and be responsible to pay council tax, which they should have done. I was required to pay all the tenant’s council tax (11 months).

4.   Person Ferrier refused to provide the contract to show my solicitor for tenant eviction making my solicitor difficulty in dealing with the case. As landlord, I have right to get contract copy from Person Ferrier who never provide me with one.

5.   Use their staff to impersonate a solicitor when dealing with me. 

6.   Person Ferrier’s solicitor agreed a £2000 settlement with me and then failed to pay. 

This has been a terrible experience for me as you can see. I hope you will take note of this information.

Then with your complaint and grievance against Pearson Ferrier you should take legal action by going through the small claims court and follow due process to get your money back.

Good point. You could affect your legal case.   Probably better to tell the story and the outcome after the court case I would suggest.

From what you are saying though it does appear you have a very strong case and you should win your case........getting the money though may be a bit more trickier. Call in the High Court Sheriff's for a prompt settlement.

• 3 months later...

They are members of The Property Ombudsman  so you can make a complaint there as well and they can make an award as well or in worse case they can kick them out of the scheme  which means they cant trade as a business as its a legal requirement to be a member of a redress scheme. You have to go through the company complaints procedure first though.

https://www.tpos.co.uk/consumers/how-to-make-a-complaint

On 8/26/2019 at 7:48 PM, victory238 said:

Thank you for all reply.Let me tell you the outcome from the court hearing .I won this case on 2,August. 

Great news. Now you have to get them to cough up the money for you and I am in no doubt they will be reluctant to do this. High Court Sheriff's will probably be your best course of action rather than Court Bailiffs.

Come back and let us all know how you get on with this please.