Planning Contravention Notoce

burremr

Presumably you can send in a retrospective planning application. I'd talk with the planning people first to establish the likelihood of approval.

HMO's have a long list of additional building regulations .....many of them safety related such as fire doors, fire escapes, Windows that comply etc etc. If you don't comply you will need to make the changes urgently.

You will also need to comply with any requirements contained in the PCN.

The bottom line is if planning approval is refused you have 7 students who I expect you will need to rehouse.....which could be very expensive.

In your situation I would talk to planning about what has happened. If you can resolve the situation by undertaking the work required such as fire doors, hard wired smoke alarms, fire exits etc. then get cracking because ignoring council notices or failing to act will lead to a heavy fine and closure of your property by enforcement notice.

Most Councils are coming down hard now on Landlord's who do not register HMO's. Some Councils are more prepared to take a more tolerant view provided the work is done within a tight timescale.

Archived