IMPORTANT - New Information

Richlist

No it probably doesn't......after all this is the Government who produced the document so don't expect to much!!

It's new legislation.......comes in on October 1st

Along with needing to get your tenant to sign to say they agree that the smoke alarm is working at the start of the tenancy and a whole load of  other stuff.

The RLA have produced a very useful check list.....See RLA web site for access.

OK RL........I have always issue a document and signed certificate by the incoming tenant for smoke alarms and now CO alarms. I always provide additional batteries as well so absolutely no excuse for them not to be in working order when I carry out visits to check on the properties.

So far this procedure has worked well for me with no problems encountered which has to be good.

We go on the basis of 'if in doubt cover your back' so we have signed documents from the tenants about smoke alarms and CO2 alarms etc. Something else to add to the paperwork pile. Thanks RL for posting, I had seen it but some things you post I haven't always been aware of so it is a great help. The myriad of emails from RLA etc, sometimes things seem to get lost in the information overload. 

Archived