Scottish Nationalists

Richlist

So annoyed am I with the Scottish Nationalists and the majority of Scots that support them I would predict that should the UK end up with a coalition or agreement whereby the SNP are included there will be VERY bad feelings and I suspect actions against the Scots.

I've already decided not to let or deal with Scots pending the outcome of the election.

Agreed RL. It is going to be a right bu$$er's muddle if the SNP are ruling the English. In fact, I believe it will lead to something far more serious if this does happen.

Enemy within?

Historically the Scots have been fairly resilient to "actions against them" and for sure would cause them to unite against us Sassanachs. We might even have to offer lands for some to defect.

While up there last year I concluded that I couldn't blame them for wishing to depart from the corruptions of Westminster as given the chance I would do the same.

Late one evening some locals apologised for discussing the referendum within our earshot, so I entered into a conversation. No aggression, as I might have expected, they were happy to listen to alternative views. Actually my views became more sympathetic, I'm still unsure of how to quantify what might be due, either way, should they go it alone (in some fantasy true independence might be feasible).

Anyway as their James became our King, shouldn't it be us that might seek independence?

There are roughly 5 million Scots. Basic economics will tell you that it is not possible for the Scots. to stand alone at the present monetry achievements that they enjoy now as part of the UK. This is an issue that the SNP skirt around every time when asked and always come up with a different answer. Not hearing much about the oil income are we.

What we are witnessing is a revolution within a democracy. I cannot see the English Parliament and the English people putting up with SNP dictats on how the English should be governed for very long.

Make no mistake here the SNP are very much left of centre with their agenda and they are whipping up a Scottish frenzy against the present Coalition government which, for all it's faults, has steadied the economy to where it is now. Not perfect by any means but certainly a better prospect than a labour government with the SNP clinging onto their coat tails in support trying to get SNP policies put forward in exchange for SNP parliamentry legistlation votes.

No disagreement with any of that Mel.

For the SNP to have any say in south of the border politics goes against the grain, but as we are supposedly a democracy and they are not yet independent how can they be denied a voice in Britain.

I don't want or believe Labour have credibility to run things down here, and SNP should really only have power up there. But as yet we are together.

Truth is I don't really want the liddle 'ole UK to become divided but do respect 'less than a majority' opinion on wanting it.

Back in Maggie's day I think the response to independence would have been "no we are the United Kingdom, vote all you want but you will not have it".

I just wish we could get rid of Westminster. Would it achieve £4.3 Billion at disposal? Not to the Americans though eh.

This is part of the problem. The Scots have had their vote and the vote was to stay within the UK.

The SNP have not accepted the outcome of that vote and it is clear they will have another vote to obtain the result they want.

Devolution is brilliant for Scotland but a disaster for the English. We now have no say in Scottish matters but the Scots have the right to vote on English matters.

What were our politicians thinking. Another poorly thought out idea.....I'm so annoyed about it.

I thought Banockburn was supposed to rid us of the Scottish problem once and for all.

We're all dooomed! Rebuild Hadrian's wall and enforce repatriation of all Jocks.

They are the unhealthiest people in Europe - power will only make them worse.

Says Mc Mortitia :D

I really can't wait for this general election to done and finished with now. It has been going on since last September and I am sick to death about hearing about it and the claims that are being made which are quite ridiculous like 20,000 new Nurses and then the next party saying 25,000 Nurses. They are just picking figures out of the air for the sake of it.

Roll on May 8th !!!!!!!!

Archived