Landlord Tax Crackdown 'Gets Serious'

Richlist

We seem to hear this every 18 months - but I don't know of anyone who has been rumbled yet.

I liked the comment at the bottom of the link page where someone was writing about Pakistanis who buy and rent out to hoards of their fellow immigrants and live in a council house themselves! We British are so accommodating - I am not being rascist in any way - Australians may do it too ^_^

We seem to hear this every 18 months - but I don't know of anyone who has been rumbled yet.

I liked the comment at the bottom of the link page where someone was writing about Pakistanis who buy and rent out to hoards of their fellow immigrants and live in a council house themselves! We British are so accommodating - I am not being rascist in any way - Australians may do it too ^_^

I never bother to comment on articles like this in the reader's comments and judging by some of the numb-nut comments from morons about landlords I feel quite justified in my reasons.

Foreigners have a different perspective to home grown British people. That's my take on it based on years of experience. :D

This possibly warped perception of mine was brought fully home when a foreign type person with his English Wife bought a property in our village and applied for planning permission to put what can only be described as a wooden chalet building like you see in holiday parks to put his elderly Mother and Father in it to live at the bottom of his good size garden.

He just couldn't get his head around the fact that he was turned down on planning permission when a few close neighbours objected. He even went to appeal on the grounds that his imported parents needed somewhere to live and that in his Country it was his duty to look after parents. The thought that they could be indoors with him probably escaped him.

He was not successful in that appeal either but he still didn't get it as to the reason why this should not be allowed to go ahead.

You can now see why Slough is the UK capital of converted garages and sheds.

Archived