Landlords Hit by Rate Hike

Richlist

Bad news for those of us with West Brom' Mortgages.

I haven't received a letter and feel unhappy at learning about it from a newspaper article !

I'll be taking legal advice & I feel a letter to my MP is imminent.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/mortgageshome/article-2427933/JEFF-PRESTRIDGE-Landlords-taking-hit-help-savers.html

Is that your comment from Clacton RL? :D

It had to happen sooner or later RL and I would suspect this will be the first of many IR changes that will happen.

I have a Coventry account which is earning me 5% which I locked into 5 years ago. It comes to an end next year. I bet the Coventry BS hate me as a saver as I have a considerable amount of Dosh stashed in there.

I'm nowhere near Clacton.

Its just another example of a financial organisation breaking their word. We took some10 year fixed rate mortgages with this outfit and now they are selectively uping the rate by 2%. Seems like discrimination against professional landlords. The whole idea of fixed rate loans is to fix the rate and aid financial planning.

We have loans with these jokers totalling nearly half a million pounds so an unexpected 2% rate rise is not going to go unnoticed.

I'd have thought so as well BUT appantly there's a clause in the mortgage terms & conditions that says otherwise.

I'll have a look thru the paperwork later today. With all the threats to landlords about unfair clauses......you'd think this might fall into the same category.

This is gonna cost us almost £10,000 pa in extra interest. Its not going to cause us any financial problems but it will certainly reduce our bottom line profits.

I'll certainly have to think twice about replacing my Ferrari. :angry:

You could do with making contact with other LL's in the same position. On your own you fight with disadvantage, as a mob it must be better especially if there are going to be legal fees.

I haven't received any communication from the West Brom yet so until I do I've limited further action to just sending an email to Jeff Prestridge, the personal finance editor of the Mail on Sunday. No doubt he will be making further comment on this issue in due course and my two' pence worth will add to that input.

Archived