How do you correctly serve notice of Ground 2 Part 1 Schedule 2 of the Housing Act 1988?

Jubilee

My mortgage provider needs me to serve my future tenant notice under Ground 2 of Part 1 of Schedule 2 of the Housing Act 1988.

I'm letting my property out privately without the need of a letting agent and hoped not to use a solicitor. I've downloaded my AST from an approved site but how do I serve this notice correctly? Is it good enough to download the notice of this Act, put it in a letter and ask my tenant to be to acknowledge it by signing it and returning it to me? How do you correctly serve notice? And can you do it without a solicitor?

J

My mortgage provider needs me to serve my future tenant notice under Ground 2 of Part 1 of Schedule 2 of the Housing Act 1988.

How do you correctly serve notice? And can you do it without a solicitor?

J

Most good quality Tenancy Agreements already contain a clause which covers Ground 2 of Part 1 of Schedule 2 of the Housing Act 1988....... I use one produced by the Law Society and its definitely already in the Agreement.

I assume your lender having reviewed your Agreement has discovered the clause is not included. I suggest you get yourself a better one that includes this requirement and when your tenant signs the Agreement it will cover your lenders needs.

Archived