Ending estate agent contract

Fallenhero

Had tenant for about 3 years gone now...tenant left house as a painting mess so needed painting again..only got 100 pounds for my trouble from deposit advice from agent to take.Anyway Agent took photos and put ads out.Thing is I said I wanted X amount of money.Now agent has said price needs to be lower to get more views which I can understand but I pointed out that the inside and out have been painted and everything in the house have be fixed or updated and pictures of house have still not been updated so that's why maybe there no interest..agent said to lower the price be best.but houses at the price I have lowerer to are rubbish its like he cant be bothered t.Can I end contract with agent without a fee charged also the contract I had with them is over 3 to 4 years old rules have changed.

Hi reading on the contract well bit of paper they gave me three years ago it had these terms..by the way there no one at my property at the moment anyway here the causes

they have sole letting right for 3 months from the date of your confirmedinstructions and be terminated by no less than 2 weeks notice.This also applies where we are instructed to re-let following vacation

Now my question is does that mean when the first person moved who now has gone I just give them 2 weeks notice..or because they are re-letting which I didn't say they could I now need to give 3 months plus 2 weeks to get rid off..as I see its unfair that I now have to give them 3 months notice to get rid off even tho there no one in my house..and tied me to them???

sorry ..cut it short I want to get rid of estate agent who rents my property out there is no one renting at the moment

the terms and conditions state to end on there contract say

they have sole letting right for 3 months from the date of your confirmed instructions and be terminated by no less than 2 weeks notice.This also applies where we are instructed to re-let following vacation

1. Demand that the pictures are updated to show the house at it's best. The agent is working for you and if he can't carry out this simple request then move on. Has the property been placed on Rightmove Rentals by the agent?

2. As you have no contract with this agent regarding the placing of the property onto the rental market for the seond time you can leave anytime you want to.

3. You can only achieve a rental price for your property if the demand is there and it does seem that in your location that is not the case.

Its very important that your property is advertised to fully represent its features so.....latest photos AND any newspaper or online (Rightmove) adverts & broadsheets are accurate. Make sure YOU check to ensure the property is correcttly & accurately described AND that all of its features and offerings are clearly identified.

I've lost count of the number of people who have moaned to me that their agent hasn't sold their house. When I've looked at the broadsheet and online advertising I find that many of the property features are not mentioned/ highlighted or photographed.

Agents charge a lot of money to sell.....you are paying the bill...... so they need to perform. Give yours a rocket up their arse.

Archived