Termination notices

Nina1

Hi

I have a tenant in a property of mine 400 miles from where I live. I want to basically evict her as the house is now in a sorry state after she has only lived there a few months. I have been advised I need to issue a possession notice which could mean it may take a few months for her to leave. I have now put the house up on the market and really need access so repairs/redecorating and cleaning can be sorted. Can anyone advise me on what to do? Thank you

If the tenant wont let you in to do any works you will have to wait until you get possession of the property back.

Have you contacted any estate agents in the area who do lettings as well? They may have landlords on their books who will buy the property with a tenant in place, though they may (not always) put a low offer in.

It is extremely unlikely that your tenant will give you permission to undertake repairs of a non urgent nature and decorating whilst they are still in occupation.

Assuming she is on a 6 month (AST) contract and her deposit registered as protected? You can give her 2 months notice to quit from the last rent payment day after the 6 month contract period.

Archived